Chapter 16

"All flights to Puerto Rico are cancelled due to unexpected weather changes.." says the annoying bitch voice from the speaker..great. The one time I felt the need to apologise and get my life back in line, the stupid flight gets cancelled. Wonderful. Why take a flight just to apologise you may ask..? That's because, Gianna blocked me. Yeah, she blocked me.

Not wasting a second, I stomped over to the reception.."Excuse me, you don't understand.. I need, I mean I seriously need to get on a flight to Puerto—", "I'm sorry miss I cannot hel—", I interrupt him but slamming my palm on the counter before yelling anything that came to my head.

"You little piece of—" a bunch of arms dragged me away from that ass of a guy. Shrugging. I decided to stay away but I had nowhere to go. My phone was dead and so my heart. Then, I did something I wouldn't have thought of doing a couple days ago.

I settled in and laid on the foot path before sleeping away into a daze.. Mom isn't real. Clare adopted me from Karen. Dad is a drug dealer. Gianna and Damien kissed. And Oscar is in love with me.

When the fuck did my life turn upside down? It must be a dream, I silently think to myself as the cars whoosh past me..I wanted to start fresh. I wanted a new life.. I wanted to travel to Hong Kong something.. I mean, no one knows me and I like Asian food.. my thoughts joked around with me but my intention were serious.. I needed to get a grip.

It was around 3am in the morning, a blood red car pulled up by my side.. stepping into the ride, I apologised and thanked him.. Lucas wore sweat pants and a plain black t shirt, his hair was ruffled and a slight scruff could be noticed. His eyes were puffy, I woke him up. Way to go, what a great friend. Why did he even pick me up on the first ring? Huh.

"So..why d'you take off.. all of a sudden?" Lucas asked gently..as much as I wanted to answer that honestly, I couldn't. I just stared ahead, sitting silently and resisting the urge to break down. He didn't say anything more and neither did I. "Lucas.." I began, "Yeah?" he said.. "I-Is there anything else you need t-to tell me ab-about my family?" I asked quickly, still a little rattled.

If there was something, better off said than to be lied to. At least that's what Clare had told me. Irony of the situation. "No, I know nothing more..You know Gianna is so—" I didn't let him complete..I'm so done with apologies. "Lucas, thank you for doing all this, I mean you come back after 2 years only to tell me this and driving me back home at 3 in the fucking morning.. seriously, I don't know how I'll ever make it up to you", I say calmly.

Lucas and Damien are alike.. if Damien had silver hair and hadn't agreed to Oscar's shit deal. Huh. Funny thing, this life is.. after dropping me off home.. I decide to climb up my window with the help of the pipe. It took me roughly, half an hour to reach back. That's right. Man, I don't know how girls in movies have so much arm strength. Quietly stepping into the my room, I flip the lights on to find yet another shocking revelation in my now very screwed life.

———————-
Hey guys,
Thank you so much for all the reads! Hope your enjoying the book so far.. hmm, suspicious things are on their way.. thank you for reading this chapter! Let me know if I can improve on anything!

-Prii