...In Our Future

"And stay away!" Zorome yelled to the Nines.

We all watched as the Nines retreated back into the forest.

"They'll be back, we just have to be ready."

We heard an engine begin to start up and slowly a transport ship flew into the air and flew off to an unknown location.

"So I guess we beat them, we really are that good!" Miku shouted.

"We won this fight, but they will be back with reinforcements." I told everyone.

"So what do we do then?" Hiro asked me.

I was about to explain a basic plan when Zorome stopped me and got everyone's attention.

"First, why did you leave?" He asked me.

"I had to, I was executed for fighting Nine Alpha. But I woke up inside this body and was able to push through my order from Papa."

"Okay, well that's confusing, you'll have to explain later. But secondly, why do you have horns like Zero Two?"

I lifted my hands up to my head and felt my horns, they were slightly larger than Zero Two' horns.

"I guess I'm part klaxosaur." I said.

"So you're like Darling and I then." Zero Two told me.

"Hiro is part klaxosaur?" Ichigo asked.

Hiro didn't say anything, he simply put his hand to his forehead and moved his hair aside and sure enough, there were two small blue glowing protrusions.

"I ingested Zero Two' blood when we first met, so slowly as I've grown up it began to change my body." Hiro explained.

"The process would've been completed earlier if you hadn't suffered a head injury which caused some blood loss."

"So you'll eventually become like Zero Two?" Kokoro asked.

"Yes, but don't be sad. I'm actually happy about this, it means I get to be more like Zero Two."

We all stood around for a few moments until Mitsuru spoke up.

"Well it that makes you happy then we'll support you."

"Thank you Mitsuru."

I turned around and looked into the forest again.

"So what do we do now Y/N?" Ichigo asked me.

I picked up a rifle off the ground and checked the magazine.

"Full magazine, hopefully all these weapons are like that."

"Y/N?" Ikuno asked.

"We escape."

"Escape? As in run away from the plantation?" Futoshi asked.

I put the magazine back into the rifle and threw it at Zero Two who caught it.

"That's exactly what I mean, we're escaping from Ape." I told everyone.

They all looked a bit uncertain.

"Perhaps I've asked too much of them?"

Mitsuru was the first to look to me.

"If escaping here means that I can have happiness, then I'll follow you anywhere." He said to me.

I nodded to him.

"I want our baby to have a place to call home, a place where it can run around and not be trapped in a cage." Kokoro said as she held Mitsuru' hand.