Chapter 5 - What Did I Agree to?!

(Next day)
I woke up early in the morning to do my makeup and paint my nails. I slipped on skin tight leggings and a long sleeved black shirt that slanted down my shoulder. I sprayed myself with perfume and looked in the mirror.. I've never gotten so dressed up for a boy before....what's going on with me...what are you doing to me Ryan Evans..

(Later in first period)

So now I'm back In Ms Darbus' class.
"Just something for you" 

Sharpay said handing Darbus a gift and when she noticed me, she eyes me. I rolled my eyes and saw Ryan. 

"Hey Sharpay is that a new shirt?"

I asked with fake enthusiasm

"Oh yeah!"

She said smiling as I walked past her

"Yikes!"

I said smirking as I went and sat at my seat, Ryan laughed, earning a slap in the arm from his twin.

"What?I told you pink and stripes look terrible sis"

Ryan said shrugging.

 She gasped and stomped to her seat. 
~kiss up~ I thought smirking over at Sharpay's angry disposition. 

 I looked over to Ryan and he smiled and waved. I blushed and smiled waving back. He's so sweet..and cute.. and funny...
"Well I assume we all learned our home room manners yesterday people? Correct? If not we have some dressing rooms that need painting. Now a few announcements. This morning during your free period will be your chance to audition for the musical. Both single and pairs" 

Sharpay looked back at Ryan excitedly. He gave her a smile and as soon as she turned he rolled his eyes and and looked at me. Ryan and I looked at each other. He winked at me making me smile with butterflies in my stomach.
"Now I will be in the auditorium until noon for those of you bold enough to extend the wingspan of your creative spirit" 

Miss Darbus said stretching her arms out. I rolled my eyes trying to keep from laughing.

(Later during free period)

 It took all the courage I had to even bring myself to the auditorium and when I got to the door way. I really didn't like Miss Darbus...nor did I want to take orders from her..but she was the theatre teacher so I pretty much had no choice. 
I found Troy hiding behind the janitor bucket
"I don't think Gabrielle is in there" 

I whispered next to him making him jump
"I-I know..oh you're the scary twin right?"

He said smirking. I smirked back

"That's what people like to say. I'm not scary, I'm just severely allergic to stupid people"

I said with a shrug.

"Wow you I would never be able to tell you and Gabrielle shared a womb together..so what are you doing here? You're not sure about singing either?" 

Troy asked scratching her head.
"Oh most definitely don't want to...but I promised Ryan I'd at least try out" 

I said sighing.
"Well I'm gonna keep hiding here for a while longer" 

Troy said ducking his head down a little.
"Clearly its not the singing you're afraid of, rather the people who might see you do something totally out of character. Why not just go sit in the back row? That's where I'm heading"

 I said and walked to the back row hunching down in my seat. There were a lot of bad ones in the auditions.. 

Ryan looked back and saw me and waved. I ducked down trying to hide so Sharpay wouldn't see me. When I poked my head back up he was turned back to the stage again.
"And it seems we only have one sign up for the couple Minnie and Arnold and that's Sharpay and Ryan Evans. Please let's show everybody why we gather in this hallowed hall"