Chapter 3: Matthew Flamesides

"Tim! Tell him that you saved me this DVD! You even hid it in the magazine stand so NOBODY ELSE could get it, right?!" I said the 'Nobody else' part that loud and gave him the 'take that!' look so he knows he's the 'else' I'm talking about here. Still tugging on this man's shirt from reaching the CD, I turned around to hear Tim's reply. Surprisingly, he wasn't there. God. "Ugh, Tim you coward." I whispered to myself.

"Now, now. Will you let go of me, please? I found this first. And, obviously it isn't my fault if your friend did not hide this properly." He actually has a point. It's Tim's fault...But actually he has a participation for the blame, he did not ask at the first place. He knew it was hid there because somebody already wants it. And in what hella record store has their CDs put and sold in magazine stands?!....hmm.. No, actually nobody deserves the blame. Right, right.

"I'm sorry, you're right. Should've not acted like that right away. It's just-- uh, I've been finding that DVD for months." I apologized. I looked at him with pleading eyes. My grip from his shirt softened as I bowed my head, feeling a bit embarrassed of my acts. He lightly patted my right arm so I looked back up at him and he smiled. Oh my god. His smile instantly sent mutant radioactive butterflies in my stomach. There's actually nothing special with that smile. Actually, the lip ring he has might make him look like a bad guy, but no. It's so simple, innocent and angelic to see and I guess that's what makes it look so perfect. Adding those sparkling brown orbs he has; smiling from his cheeks. It's like I'm looking to double mirrors. It's so shiny.

"You know what, you can keep it." He said lending me the DVD. My eyes shot up with joy to him and took the DVD from his hands. As I take it, I had the chance to stroke his hands. It's so soft. It's the softest hand I've ever touched! And trust me, his hands are even softer than mine, or even yours! I've put all kinds of cream in my hands and this dude's hand is sure softer and smoother. Maybe he soaks his hands all day in milk?-- but that is impossible because he's here right now. Or maybe he has some in his pocket and every now and then he pulls it out and does his Milk Therapy. hmm. Later, when he gets out here, I'll follow him and see when he'll do it. Why am I thinking about these nonsense stuff anyway? Shake it off your head Brooke, Come on. But back to the DVD, I took it and thought-- what if he also tried so hard to find it? With the lip piercing and his tatt-covered arm, he seem to be so punk. Maybe this band means so much to him. Of course I know that feeling, but I can feel he's also dying to get this DVD and now he's going to just give the opportunity of having this super-extravagantly-enchanted DVD? He deserves it more, I know.

"No. You take it. You must be a really diehard fan and you're just giving the opportunity of--"

"No, uh, actually it's just for my sister's birthday. But really, you take it."

"Awwhh!! You're so thoughtful for your sister!" He lightly blushed on that. Smooth Brooke, smooth. "Well, if you really want to give it to me, okay, I'll take it! Thank you!" This dude isn't just so hot and cute, he's also a good bro. Awh. Now I really really like this guy. Hihi I think I have a little-itsy-bitsy crush on him.

"You're welcome, uh..?" He trailed at his words, waiting for an answer. Oh my name, right. "Brooke. Brooke Saphire." I smiled stretching my hand out and he reached for it and we shook hands. His hands ahhhhh! "I love your name, Miss Brooke Saphire." Holy shit he likes my name. I feel myself blush. Shit. I looked away and flicked through the pieces of coupons on the counter trying to look busy.

"Brooke? Aren't you going to pay for the DVD? I thought you are finding it for months. You should pay now so you could watch 'bae Vic'" he said in a girly tone. Woah? He doesn't even sound gay. He's so cute afff. He chuckled lightly and started to look around. That laugh, they were like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky. He's a kitten, his presence is so fluffy like a ragdoll cat.

"Oh yes. The DVD. Tim! You can go out now, you dog." I shouted from the counter. The guy I was talking to headed to a CD rack just across me. I turned back and I saw something rising from under the counter. "Tim?!" He got up just under the counter geez. He was hiding there the whole time? Ugh.

"You're so manly! God, Tim."

"Sorry! I was just afraid of" he leaned closer signaling to come closer. "The dude, he has so many tattoos and I dunno, he scares me!"

"Who are you two scared of?" The dude came out of no where.

"AHHH!" We were both startled by him. His head just popped beside me. I didn't even notice him.

"Uh, whew. you startled us!" I said and took a deep breathe. "Tim was scared of your tatts and stuff. Maybe because you have this dark aura or something" I told him and turned to Tim "Tim, don't worry, he looks harmless!" I smiled at Tim and held his shaking hand; reassuring him everything's okay.

"Oh these tatts? Don't mind them!" He lifted up his sleeves and peeled his skin. What the fuck?! He's peeling his skin?! Why is he-- oh. As he peeled his skin, or, more like cloth, the tattoos are fading. "They're fake! " Yes, they sure are. "I really want to make have real tattoos but I don't know what to get. Maybe I won't like what I'll pick. So, I just bought these sleeves. Cool huh?" Sure it is cool. I want one actually. We also have the same reasons. I wanted tatts but I'm afraid I get to gaga over it and end up having my body look like a scratch paper; full of doodles, solutions etc. Now, I don't like that. It's also getting pretty late.

"Uh, sorry gotta go. I really wanted to talk more, sorry. Tim, I'll get this." I gave the DVD as he pressed buttons in the cashier box and gave me my DVD. Finally!

"Goodbye Tim! And nice meeting you-..?"

"Matt. Matthew Flamesides." Cool name. Burnin'.

"Cool name. Bye!" I waved goodbye, pushed the glass door and stepped out of the shop. Later I hear footsteps.

"Hey can I walk with you?" I turned around. It's Matt.