Chapter 6: Outside Life pt. 1

Brooke P.O.V

I watched the nurses as they lied Matthew down to the bed located the Emergency Room. They placed on ice pack on his face and one of the nurses gave me the ice pack and told me to do what she does until the redness of the skin disappears. The doctor checked his eyes by using his flashlight, examining it.

"Mr. Flamesides doesn't have to be confined. In fact, you should've just brought him home and gave him home remedy. But it's okay that you brought him here since he passed out and you did not know what to do. His eyes are okay, though, it was still sprayed, right?" the doctor asked. I nodded. "Okay, so, continue putting ice pack on his face and near his eyes until the redness disappears. His eyes will be sensitive when it comes to light for about 4 days up to a week, just explain it to him, okay?" the doctor instructed.

"Can he breathe now? Because he really had a hard time breathing right after he's sprayed."

"When is he sprayed again?" he asked.

"About 40 minutes ago." I replied.

"Usually, normal breathing comes back within 45 minutes or an hour. Maybe he will still feel chest tightening but will immediately be gone after a couple of minutes." He explained.

"Okay, Thank you doc"

"No problem, you can just settle your payments at the cashier section, and you can take him home for rest. I'll have to do my rounds, Thank you."

"Okay. Thank you, again." I continued putting the ice pack on matthew's face and the doctor left. As I was lightly patting his forehead with the ice pack, I can't help but to stare at his lips, pink and soft. His cheeks were red caused by the inflammation of the spray. I stroked it with my fingers and they were so soft. His nose is celestial, like mine. I never admired anybody else's faces like how I admire his. I never felt like this for anybody else except Matthew.

*After 20 minutes*

Matt P.O.V

My face feels cold. I felt an ice pack on ny right eye. My chest feels tight but not as tight as earlier. I tried to open my eyes.

"AHHHHH!" I was dazzled by a very bright light that hit my eyes. I covered them both and turned to face my right. "Ugh Shit, My eyes!" I was lying on a bed.

"Matthew! you okay?" I did not open my eyes, but I know it's Brooke.

"Brooke?" I heard the lights switching off so I slowly removed my hands that is covering my eyes. It was dark but I could still see Brooke, standing beside me. I studied the place, looked around, I was in the hospital's emergency room.

"Matthew, I'm so sorry, I never meant to do that. I just thought you were part of a syndicate because first, you are asking me where I lived. It was quiet and there were almost no lights but one lamp post. I was just being careful, you know. But don't worry, I know you're never going to harm me. I hope you understand. I'm so so so sorry." Brooke apologized with her head bowed down at me. I could see her wavy hair sticking out behind her ears and making a curtain effect between me and her. Her hazel eyes stared back at mine, like it's searching for something. I rose my upper body up causing her to step rearwards. I've realized that we were in an awkward position earlier.

"It's okay Brooke, nothing's bad with being careful. I understand, really." Though I'm still a bit mad at what she did. It felt like I'm going to die! But I feel I have to be light on her, for a reason I don't know. She nodded but it looks like she does not believe me, she scratched the back of her neck and bit her thumb.I held onto her arms to convince her, and smiled. She shivered a little but stopped a few seconds later. Am I really having this effect on her?