Prologue

Once there was no sun or moon near this planet. The sun was captured and brought to the earth by a strong willed man, and the moon was stolen away from its home in another dimension. The sun was happy being brought closer to the earth, but the moon missed his home and feared what the cost of him being brought to the earth would be, and for who. The two stayed as far away from each other as they could with their chains to the earth for the most part. Hence night and day.

During the day everyone worked, played, and grew up. During the night they dreamed, loved in secret, and told him their sorrows quietly like he was an old friend. The moon got closer to the world that had stolen him away from his home, slowly understanding their need for him and the trust they had that he would keep their secrets. The sun quickly got jealous, but understood why the moon needed such things from the humans. She loved a human demigod, but her raising marked another day lost from his life. Sometimes she cried when she thought she was going to live much long then he ever could. Sometimes the people on the earth cursed her for getting so close, others they thanked her. She had been called beautiful, but not as often as the moon. She was blinding to look at, while he held a gentle glow.

He was as curious as the ocean he controlled, but as shy as the animals that lived under his light. Sometimes the moon consoled her, but he wasn't always sure how. He was quite, so the animals made enough noise for him, even after he asked them to let the humans sleep in peace. When he spoke he was sure of himself, when as angered he was fierce, when he listened to the humans he tried his hardest to understand them. 

I wished he would find his own love and end his lonely existence with the stars that whispered hate filled things and shot him down whenever he had gained enough backbone to try and stop people from starting wars from misunderstandings and living lonely lives because they never told the person they held close what they felt. His is not my story to tell. 

Look to the moon tonight, call him your closest friend. Tell him your secrets, your pain, your jokes because he's listening and laughing because he loves a good joke, or crying again because he understands what it's like. You may think he doesn't, he can't, he won't even have time for someone like you, but that's not true. The people like you are the ones he pays special attention to, because once he was just like you. Lost, alone, tired of life, to quiet to say something or even be noticed is missing. But please don't push him further to the edge, or anger him on purpose, because his rage is exactly what I, the sun, fear. 

Someone please listen to him when he talks, push the stars away from him, help him stop the wars and stand by his side just as loyally as he has everything else. If no one can… we are all doomed. 

I’m sending this to earth. Earthianas please hear your beloved suns plea. Help the moon.