Chapter 6- Riya get a grip

This is how Samantha Looks.

Riya

I was restless the whole night due to Liz's mail, by early morning, I left my bed and moved into the balcony. The breeze from the sea calmed my frail nerves. 

During the day we had a VOIP call with Samantha, this needed to be my top priority, but before that, let me draft a reply and send it to Liz. The time had arrived when I needed to be more upfront with Liz, and share certain facts about my messed up life. This prompted me to pen down a heartfelt note to her.

Hey Liz,

I was sad to know that your first love never worked out. Can I share a secret with you? Even my first love was a woman, we were roommates, it was not long when we fell madly for each other. Soon we built our own nest and the days were bliss. My love told me clearly, in the end, we both need to get married to guys, as our society looks down upon same-sex relationships. 

All these insecurities took a toll on our relationship, I became more possessive about her, the love became abusive. Her marriage got fixed, she ensured that I was not left behind, so pretty soon I was also engaged to another guy.

I tried to forget my past and be loyal to my husband. But he had other plans, he was a compulsive cheater and our marriage broke down. I am still living with him because of our son, though I know soon, I need to gather courage and leave this shitty marriage.

 Liz, I don't want any more guys in my life, I haven't given up on love. I am a die-hard romantic and believe that love will find its way again in my life.

Answering your question I want to visit Paris with the person I love, I would love to kiss her under the Eiffel Tower. I want to get drunk in Las Vegas, have breakfast in the shadows of the Egyptian Pyramid, travel to Turkey, Greece. I want to watch the auroras or northern light, man I want to do so many things. How can I miss out on the Caribbean islands they are on my must-see list? I know I have exhausted you, remember I mentioned before I want to celebrate life.

Now your second answer- When I look at my reflection, I see a woman who has matured, grown-up yet has a child hidden inside. At times twinkle in her eyes, gives you a peep into that hidden child. The naughty smiles and those smirks reflected in the mirror convey to her, all is not lost someday someone will fall madly in love with these smiles.

At the same time, the woman sees the maturity and clarity of purpose, which lights up her face, which can comfort any broken soul. She sees a fighter, a warrior in her reflection, who is not ready to give up, however impossible the situation seems.

I hope I am not sounding too self-obsessed? I am happy to know that you have someone to share your life with, who makes you happy. 

If someday I visit the USA, would love to meet you and your partner together. Or you guys can come to India and be my guest.

Riya

I couldn't wave away the feeling, I had already lost Liz to someone.

Lizzie

I had not heard from Riya throughout the day, I couldn't shake the feeling of disappointment. Her mail always filled my heart with happiness.

Riya was very intuitive, she read all those lines in my story which were unwritten. Being a private person, not many of my partners knew about my past. This woman had somehow been able to break down the walls created by me. I looked at my partner Amanda who was sleeping, I definitely loved this woman, though we had issues to sort out.