Chapter 41- Chaos

Riya

We both looked at each other and laughed, she kissed me once again and whispered in my ears.

"To be continued."

I went to open the door, whereas Sami went for a quick shower. Two of my favorite people walked in, Neel was busy narrating a story. Annie looked at my face, which conveyed all the happiness. She hugged me tightly.

"I knew you would make the right choice."

I admitted to her, "After ages, I am feeling so light and happy from inside. She is what I was searching for my entire life. I can't believe my naivety, I wasn't ready to see the obvious."

She handed me an apple, "Let bygones be bygones she is here now, this is all that matters."

Sami stepped out wearing a bathrobe her hair all wet from the shower, she was a sight to behold. She addressed us, "Guys what are the plans for now?"

I decided to take the lead before anyone could suggest something stupid.

"Sami and I are going to attend the rest of the conference. Annie, you need to join us during the cocktail and dinner. In the meantime, Neel will watch his favorite movie in the room. I will instruct the reception to keep checking on him, and inform us in case of need."

Thankfully no one argued and we all went for a change.

The day was a blur,  Sami and I attended the last leg of the conference. Though it was debatable how much we picked up from the conference? Half of the time we were touching each other on the slightest pretext. Whenever the situation allowed, we held hands under the table, as if we couldn't get enough of each other.

I was trying to focus hard, when Sami whispered in my ears, "Meet me in the bathroom in five minutes, at the end of the lobby."

I felt butterflies in my stomach, she excused herself and moved towards the door, swaying her hips. She turned around and winked at me. God, I wanted to run after her, but everyone would find it weird. We were two grown-up women though acting like teenagers, who were high on hormones.

I counted under my table the moment, the five minutes deadline was over. I picked up my phone on the pretext of receiving a call and moved out.

As pre-decided I entered the washroom and started searching my tormenter. The stall on my right opened and I was pushed inside against the wall. The blue eyes were all dark with desire, without wasting any time, she blew on my lips.

"You don't know what you do to me? Sitting over there and watching you biting your lower lip was driving me crazy. I might sound super cheesy, but girl you are my oxygen. You are mine just mine, always remember."

She kissed me passionately, it was filled with hunger, desire, and raw need. She moved towards my neck and kissed me tenderly in multiple places. We both moaned the need for each other was reflected in our eyes. I pushed her back gently.

"Don't start something, which you can't finish."

She groaned, "I cannot keep my hands to myself anymore. They have developed a mind of their own, they want to feel you every moment."

I kissed her cheeks, "Sami, trust me resisting you is not easy. We have a whole night to ourselves. Let's go back in there." She reluctantly agreed.

We both entered the conference room at different times. I phoned Annie, informed her to get ready as dinner would be served soon.

Thankfully the last session got over, people started networking with each other. Sami was mingling with everyone, exchanging cards, and exploring future markets for expansion.

Annie joined us, "Hey how is it going?"

"All fine, you tucked Neel in the bed?"

She looked at the door and her eyes expanded, "Holy shit, is that Alex?"

I immediately turned towards the door, the female predator was walking inside with determined steps. She looked in my direction, gave me a dirty smirk, and immediately moved towards Sami.

I caught hold of Annie's hand and dragged us towards them, I couldn't miss out on this conversation. She linked her arms into Sami's. Probably Sami mistook them as my arms, she turned back smiling, but the moment her eyes landed on Alex she froze.

"What are you doing here?"

Alex grinned, "Well, I was missing my fiancée so thought of surprising her."

My heart broke into millions of pieces, this couldn't be true or did Sami lied to me? She told me these two were not dating. Tears flowed freely from my eyes.

Sami growled, "What are you saying? I am not your fiancée."

She laughed and kissed Sami on her lips, "Sweetheart now we are. Our parents have given their blessings and when you will reach New York, we are going to get married. All the preparations have started in our places."

It seemed that we were truly star crossed lovers, destiny was against us. I realized for the first time, we couldn't be together and this needed to end. With a broken heart, I stepped into the lift and punched the buttons madly. Fuck everyone I didn't deserve this, how come I was so naïve? I was done with love for this life. I was happy with my son, he was my family. I didn't need anyone anymore.

Samantha

I saw Riya running away with tears in her eyes. I wanted to follow her, but first I had to deal with Alex.

I dragged her to one corner of the room and thankfully saw Annie following us.

"Don't you dare to kiss me. I swear to god, I am going to get a restraining order against you. I am not going to marry you, fuck you Alex. I am telling you one last time, get out of my life."

She laughed evilly, "I cannot get out of your life else, else you need to get out of the business, which you have built with such love and passion."

I controlled my overwhelming urge to slap her, "Do whatever you want. I will leave the business happily. I belong to Riya. She is the one who is going to be my wife."

For the first time, she looked less confident, "You are mad look at me and see what you are losing? She is not the right one for you, trust me. She will not take a minute in ditching you, once she knows that you are ousted from the company."

Before we could realize Annie stepped in and shook her by the collar, "Dare you to say a word against my friend. You are pure jealous and can not digest your loss. Alex, I don't care about the account, I swear one word, and I will kill you from my bare hands."

Annie was shaking with anger before things could turn dirty, I stepped in, "Ask the board of directors to vote me out. Even after all this chaos, if Riya decides to walk away I will still not be yours. Take the company and fuck yourself. Alex, people cannot be manipulated, this is my parting lesson."

She shrugged her shoulders, "If this is what you want then let it be. Day after tomorrow I am going to call a board meeting, where you are officially going to be shown the door. Let me also see, how long this honeymoon lasts without money?"

She gave me a smile and marched out of the room. I sat down on the nearest chair cursing my fate. I lost both of the things that mattered to me the most. Annie was beside me, "No Samantha, this is the time to fight and not to give up. Listen, I am going to talk to Riya, you be there after some time. Everything will work out, you have to believe me."

My eyes were filled with unshed tears of gratitude, I hugged her tightly, "Do something, Annie. If Riya leaves me, the will to live will be gone."

"Don't talk nonsense, gather yourself, and come to the room after some time."

She marched out of the conference room with determined steps. Today I realized what being vulnerable felt like? I couldn't change my destiny but would prefer to fight for my love with all honesty. We both deserved this.

With deep breaths, I tried to ascertain the situation once again. And slowly the pall of gloom started lifting.