I need to be alone. (Part 1)

Ship: Bellow
AU: human
Type: Angst
Requested by: @sigh100
Warning: some swearing

***

She can't stop herself anymore. What did she blame for getting into bad habits? Stress. Yvonne sighed, opening the half empty packet of cigarettes before taking one out and placing it between her thin lips. After the packet went back into her pocket and being replaced in her hand by her lighter. It took a few clicks till the small flame appeared. She then lit the cigarette.

"Yvonne!" A voice called. Yvonne looked around taking the cigarette out of her lips. Then a familiar face came into her sights, but this time the person was annoyed. That person was Bleu, a friend of Yvonne. "You need to stop smoking!"

"No, I need to be alone." Yvonne answered back, glaring at her childhood friend. "Listen I haven't had a good day." She sighed.

"This isn't the way to fix anything Yvonne." Bleu glared over at the slightly taller woman "there is other things that can help, this is harming you from the inside!"

"Oh shut up I really don't care." Yvonne rolled her eyes as she puffed a cloud of smoke.

All this did was annoy bleu even more. "Well I do care, you might still be that bitch that you were in high school but I still care about you! If you end up with lung cancer don't say I didn't fucking warn you." Bleu was a doctor she had seen the effects before. She started walking away but Yvonne grabbed her.

"Alright, first off, chill. Second, why do you care?" Yvonne could really be blind to other people's emotions.

"Oh my god- I like you okay?" Bleu rolled her eyes slightly before glaring back at Yvonne. There was a moment of cold silence as they stared at eachother. For Yvonne it was a thing of she didn't know what to say while for Bleu it was more a thing of waiting for the other to speak. That didn't happen. "Honestly Yvonne you can be such a fucking idiot."

Yvonne sighed slightly, she had no idea how to respond to this. Bleu was always quiet, smart, and all together better than Yvonne, or that was Yvonne's opinion on it.

Bleu then started to walk away slowly with regret clinging to her like a strong perfume. The feeling was all too familiar, and she hated it. She wanted it to leave her alone, but it wasn't going away. Bleu decided to head to the coffee shop around the corner to see if caffeine would help for a bit.

Yvonne only watched her leave while Bleu's words rushed around her mind, refusing to calm down. Was she being serious? It was too late to ask for the day. Yvonne put her cigarette out before putting it in the bin. After that she head home, still thinking about what just happened.

The cafe was small and vintage like. That was the best way to describe it anyway. All the seats were leather while the walls where a cream white. A small radio played some jazz from the beside the counter. Bleu headed over to the line of people. When she got to the counter she ordered a chai latte and a cinnamon bun.

After that she grabbed a seat to sit in and looked at her phone. A part of her was hoping that Yvonne has messaged her but that was not the case. All the notifications she had were from her co-workers asking if she could cover a shift but unpaid. Bleu simply responded with "no". Blue got her coffee and food.

Back with Yvonne, she was having a bath. She liked her baths (on the rare occasion she had one since she usually had a shower) to be hot, and usually after words the walls were warm to the touch. Her phone was by the sink just in case someone massaged or called her. Yvonne was a lawyer so got a lot of calls out of hours, she found it annoying but she coped with it.

Nothing happened. Yvonne got out her bath and got dressed, she didn't dry her hair since it was short enough to leave. She grabbed her phone. Still nothing from anyone.

Yvonne sighed as she went through her contacts till she found Bleu. "Hey, you free tomorrow?"

Ten minutes later Bleu finally responded "yeah"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey! Sorry for taking so long to write this, I didn't like my writing style so left it for ages. Anyway I hope you liked it!