Dinner Date

Of course, Naeun is not pleased with the idea attending a dinner on the other side of town or the thought of her parents finding out. Still she agreed. Yeeun, on the other hand, was so excited she jumped up and down. She exclaimed, "I never was invited to a party! This will be my first event even if it's not a party."

I feel pity for her, she doesn't seem the type to be  left out with Naeun by her side all the time. Then again she isn't the star, but she's more of a sidekick. Almost cute in a way. The one nobody expects gets a boyfriend first and he's from the other side of town. Does this make her more of a target now?

My eyes quickly bolt to the nearest boys around in a protective manner. I don't understand why but, a sense of possession comes over me. From my bones to my blood flow, every part of my body is saying "she's mine". An angered sigh is let out when I catch eyes her way. If you wanted her so bad, you should have asked her yourself. I shouldn't feel this way considering women aren't objects, I just can't help it. Not that I view her as an object, she's just different from a trophy.

"Jinyoung?" Her words pierce into my ears like needle to fabric; smooth and sharp. "What was that? You gave a very loud angered sigh." She laughs, "Don't tell me you're jealous! That kid is doing a project with me in chem. He's harmless." I nod, grabbing her hand. "Make sure you look extra nice tonight, make the boys jealous that you're mine." I pull her hand to my mouth to kiss it, as expected she blushes a deep red.

"Hop on, I'll give you a ride home" I make room on my bike for her to join. Not long after, her arms are wrapped around my waist and we're on our way to her home. I clearly remember where she lives since it was such a shock. Though with us getting a lot of looks, I choose to take her to Naeun's house since they'll come together anyways. That was so Yeeun had an easier time and she didn't get caught. "Your secrets are safe with me, princess." I quietly breathe out, and she doesn't seem to notice.

* * *

After an *attempt* to tidy up the house and an easy breeze of making ourselves look nice, a knock is set. Eagerly I open the door to find someone unexpected.
"Soohyung?"
     "Soohyun.", she corrects with a look of boredom. Naeun and Yeeun stand behind her. Before she speaks again, I reach my hand towards Yeeun to greet her. "Good evening, Jinyoung." She smiles brightly while Naeun looks away with a slight blush. Maybe the sunlight is deceiving me, though. Soohyun's face has adjusted to more of a disgust. "I hope you don't mind us inviting her, she stopped by when we were leaving." Yeeun's whispers reach my ears with a thumbs up being the only response.

Soohyun enters with Jaebum attempting to shake her hand, to no prevail. Yugyeom takes a different approach by grabbing her hand, kissing it, then spinning her. The dancer in him shows.. her response is dry but there's some red to her ears. "Oh dear." Youngjae's cough grabs her attention before he pulls a chair out for her to sit. She gladly does, though it doesn't seem like she enjoys us. Just Youngjae's act of kindness.

I wonder what's going through her head. Is it a pain of being on this side of town or is it the anger of being near us. Either is likely, both is strong. Yeeun and Naeun on the other hand seem ecstatic. I was hesitant that Naeun would be happy with this, she may just be pretending.

      "Shall we small talk, or get straight to eating?"