Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight:

There comes a time in life when minutes pass like a second, and hours and pass like a minute. And today’s one of those time in life when everything stops and slows down.

I have to admit. Really, Liam’s not that bad. He’s an okay guy. But my point of view about the other has not been changed. They’re still doofus to me. Except for Liam, I guess.

“So, I guess that’s why I wanted to go out of the Hotel for a while,” He said as we both throw flower petals around us.

For the last few minutes, or rather hours, we’ve been doing nothing but picking flower petals and throwing them at each other. Wanna know where the flowers came from? Well, he technically bought it but I was the one to take it from the flower shop. He was supposed to use it as a prank for the other doofuses now his plan is smashed into nothing. Not that he cared anymore.

“I think I know what you’re feeling,” I said as he tries to tell the life of a superstar on stage, off-stage, on-cam and off-cam. Who knew being a superstar could be so tiring?

He smiled at me. A genuine one, not the for-the-fans type of smile. A shiver ran down my spine. What the freaking fuqkaroonie happened to me? Just days ago, I despised them – yes, that includes him – but now I’m talking with him like I’ve known him forever! What is bloody wrong with me?

“Anyway, you know my cousins are such a huge fan of yours.” I said. Now that I’ve realized what I’ve just said, I wanted to take it back. But of course, if there’s one thing in life you can’t take back, then it’s time and words spoken. My cheeks threatened to heat but I kept my face straight.

“What are they like?” He asked. Suddenly intrigued with idea of my cousins worshipping him. Not that I told him that, but I have the feeling that he’s getting the idea here.

“They’re fourteen, and probably part of your typical-hardcore-fans.” I said, complete with air quotes. I could feel a blush coming on. Uh-oh.

“Typical? You mean like the ones chasing me a while ago?” He asked for confirmation. I am not so sure on what to answer.

Molly and Hailey do love them.  a while ago?” He asked for confirmation. I am not so sure on what to answer.

Molly and Hailey do love them. They, themselves, are self-confessed hardcore fans. But I don’t know if they’re like the ones who were chasing him a while ago. Because if they were like that, they wouldn’t let a phobia come between them and One Doofus.

“Nope. Not really. Just a fan, but not really I’ll-jump-off-a-cliff-if-you-tell-me kind of fan.” I said and picked my words carefully. “Why?”

He shrugged. “I think the guys would love to meet them.” He said and yet another smile outstretched in his lips. And moment later, he chuckled. “They just have to!”

My eyes got wide. Wait, what? They’d meet my cousins? “Holy freaking fuqkaroonie! Are you sure about that?” I asked. I need confirmation. I might be mishearing something here.

“Yes! That’s the least we can do!” He beamed. Gaaaawd! I’d had my enough fair share of my torture for one day. I just hope it won’t be today. “But don’t worry, that’ll be a day after tomorrow.”

I sighed in relief. “Good.”

“But first,” He said as he took out his phone from his jeans pocket. He frowns as he reads a long thread of message and then a smirk formed in his lips. I don’t think I like that look. “You.”