Chapter Six

Chapter Six:

“Hello? Are you even listening?” Molly asked as I read my good book. Throughout the whole, she’d been quizzing me with One Direction. Non-stop.

“Yes,” I hissed at her as I put down my book. I’ve already researched about One Doofus this morning after breakfast, knowing that I’d need in the couple of days and hours. And I’m right.

“Yes! Zayn’s not very fond of dancing, they started off in X-Factor, their manager is name Will,” I trail off, feeding her with those information I barely listen from her when she’s popping out One Doofus facts.

“Wow, you’re a fast learner!” She remarked. I felt the urge to groan and I but rule over not to do so. Instead, I smiled at her and patted her pretty little cheek. So squish able, I want to pinch them so hard until they turn into red.

“Learned from the best,” I said. And with that, she smiled and took off without another word.

Good riddance. My muscles relaxed and I fell into a peaceful nap.

By the time I woke up, everything seems a blur. How long have I been asleep? A day? An hour at the least? What in the world happened? By world suddenly turned.

As I walk inside Aunt Bee’s rest house, I saw luggage. I mean two huge luggages, and they are damn familiar. My hell of a summer is about to start because my mother and father has unfortunately arrived.

“Look, she’s awake.” My father rough and faint voice broke into me. Scaring an awful lot of cells in my body. A shiver ran down my spine and fake smile grew on my lips as I half-ran into him and embraced him.

“Why so early?” I asked. Because I am not really expecting them until next week. Ugh. I hate it when my plans don’t go according to plan.

“Your mother badly needs her vacation away from work,” He says as he points to my mother who still has her nose sticking into some folders. Congress works, I bet.

“Oh.” I said. I’m ought to do something about this. I don’t want to be stuck in this house for a whole boring afternoon with them. No way.

I shifted my weight and bit my lip. Awkward. The last time my father and I had a talk was weeks ago when he dropped off to the airport. And all we ever talked about is Green Committee, Health Consciousness and the status of our country’s economy.

I bid my father my excuse that I need to go to my room. He says okay. And I dash into my room as fast as I could. I could their voices from here, in my room, but I just couldn’t really take it. 

I don’t hate my parents. Don’t get me wrong in that field, alright? The reason that I don’t want to spend my summer with them because I don’t want putting up my hopes and wishing and waiting that they’d drop their works to spend some time with me. But, of course, that will never happen.

So, I ought to do something. To get out or something. But how? I don’t have a car, the Mall is not that far from here but that’s the only place I’ve been going to since I came here. And that place gives me creeps every time I remember all those screaming girls and those Doofuses who called me babe which was awfully disgusting.

I could borrow Aunt Bee’s car. But I highly doubt they’d let me go out of the house now. And most probably, I’ll be on house arrest until my parents leave in a weeks or unfortunate and probably in a month range.

I put on a multiple layers of sweaters, or to be more specific, 3 layers of jacket and zipped on my jacket. Good luck to me. I just hope Aunt Bee is feeling kind for today.