Part 2 - Strange man

Friday 5.p.m.

Just an hour left and I can go home and leave this place till next week. The cafe been quiet for an hour now. The cafe is well hidden, only a couple of people from this city know about it. If no one showes up for the rest half an hour, I can lock it and go home.

The door bell interrupted my thoughts and hopes.

It was a tall, but not very tall man with a brown long coat that ended by his knees. The coat was open, he had a  checkered shirt. He wore some simple jeans and little cowboy like boots. I would say it fit him well.

"Can I please get a coffee?"

"Sure!"

I made him coffee and gave it to him. He paid and sat down by one of the tables close, but not too close to the window. He was patiently looking outside the window like he was waiting for something to happen. I've never seen him around, guess he was new here.

Suddenly he got up and left. Before going out he turned arround like he forgot something to say and said:

"Remember, If someone asks I wasn't here!"

I nodded in agreement. I cleaned the table. In less then 3 minutes someone walked inside and asked:

"I'm looking for a man. Has anyone been here for the past 10 minutes?"

"No!"

"Thank you anyways! Have a nice rest of the day!"

I didn't know what the man has done, but I knew how to attract costumers.

30 minutes later I locked the door and went home.