Part 22

Yuto drives the car and park in front of Yamada's family mansion. A lot of patrol cars are seen outside the house, making Yamada more anxious than before. Helped by Yuto, Yamada limps towards the main door.

"Papa!" the boy slowly walks toward Inoo who is being surrounded by several men in uniforms.

"Ryo-chan!" Inoo stands up, looking so surprised. "What happened to you?" he reaches Yamada's hand and helped him to sit.

"What's going on here?"

"Papa Yabu-"

"Kill someone. I know."

Inoo's face turns deeply sour. "It must be an accident. Kota isn't someone who would just kill for fun."

"Papa Yabu was protecting me," Yamada confesses, which draws the police officer's attention on him.

"So you were there last night?" the middle age officer begins to question.

Yamada nods. "I went there with Keito, he is my butler. We just passed by, trying to find Yuto," he points towards his tall boyfriend who is standing silently behind him. "But we were attacked! That man was trying to rape me. Papa Yabu and Keito were only trying to protect me!"

The officer stares at the boy, perhaps trying to see the sincerity behind the story. "But how did you manage to escape?"

Yuto steps forward. "I was there; I'll tell you what happened."

Instinctively everyone on the scene forms a circle, with Yuto being at the center. He begins to talk on how he ended up there, and continue until the moment he rescued Yamada at the dark alley.

"Afterwards I took him to my friend's house, where Ryo-chan's injuries were treated."

"Why don't you call the police?"

"At that time it was just another small gang fight to me. Never expect it will turn out this messy."

"Nakajima-san, I am going to jot down all the details you told us just now. And if anything occur we would want you to become our witness for the incident," the officer speaks as he writes on the sheet of paper on his lap.

Yuto didn't say any words, he just nods in silence. His right hand is still holding tight onto his boyfriend's hand.

"Yamada-san," the officer calls Inoo with his family name. "You did the right thing by calling us. Even if it was an accident your spouse did commit a crime, and he has to face the law. Just in case, if he did call you please advise him to turn himself to the police. He'll get lighter punishment by doing that."

Inoo bites his lips. "I'll try sir."

"We'll take our leave now and let you rest. Remember, call us if anything happen," the officer hands his name card to Yuto. "Please excuse us."

Yamada watches as the group of police officers exits through the main door.

"Are you all right papa?" Yamada asks, concern to see Inoo wearing such a worrisome look on his face.

"I'm fine," Inoo forces himself to smile. "I'm glad that you are safe. And you get back your Yuto," he gently pats Yamada's shoulder. "Finally you are smiling again."

"But you are not," Yamada grabs his father's hand. "I'm sorry that things turn out this way papa. If I know I wouldn't-"

"Shhhh..." Inoo hisses as he put his right index finger on his son's lips. "If you didn't go there you won't find Yuto, and I will never know just how dark Papa Yabu is. I was shocked."