Night One: Shocking Motivation

Infinite and Tails entered a dark, spooky control room after exiting the shaky elevator. "You have arrived at your destination," Nicole spoke. "That blue button will turn on the lights." Infinite pressed it. The lights outside of the control room went on. Nothing was on stage. 

"Strange," Nicole commented. "Cosmo is not there. You will need to administer a controlled shock to get her on stage. Press the-"

"You want us to shock her?" Tails asked.

"-red button to administer a controlled shock."

"Julie-su said the animatronics were alive," Infinite growled. "If we shock her, we are making enemies."

"Press the red button to administer a controlled shock," Nicole repeated.

"Maybe we should talk to her instead?" Tails suggested.

"Interaction with the animatronics is dangerous and should only be done when authorized. Press the red button to administer a controlled shock."

Infinite and Tails glanced at one another before the jackal pressed the red button. The lights went off as a faint sound could be heard from the dark room on the other side of the glass. Tails pushed the blue button and revealed a green-haired girl in a white dress with two flowers in her hair. Dancing beside her were a group of cute, blue creatures. "Great work. Cosmo is feeling like herself again. Now turn to the left and repeat the previous steps."

After Infinite pressed the red button on the left side, he turned on the lights. "Oh dear," Nicole sighed. "Espio isn't feeling like himself either. Let's try another controlled shock."

After a quick glance at Tails, Infinite did as he was told.

A purple chameleon stood on the stage after the lights were turned on. "Wonderful. Now let's head to the other room."

As they walked, Tails whispered, "I don't like this place."

"Gives me the creeps too," Infinite said.

"No! It's like...just something...it feels off."

"We've arrived," Nicole announced. "This is Fiona's auditorium. Please repeat the previous steps to motivate Fiona."

Infinite administered a controlled shock. But, after clicking the lights, the room beyond the glass was still shrouded in darkness.

"It isn't time for hide-and-seek, Fiona. Administer another controlled shock." Infinite clicked the button and, after another comment from Nicole about Fiona's absence, pushed it once more.

"Great work!" Nicole cried. "That concludes your first shift. Have a great night." Nicole shut herself off.

Infinite and Tails exchanged suspicious glances. "No jumpscares," Tails said.  

"Yes," Infinite agreed. "But it's probably tomorrow when things begin to heat up."