Soap Operas

"So," Infinite began, "What do you think of the job?"

Tails sat on his couch, "I don't know. There's just something about that place. It's just...off. And I don't know why."

Infinite nodded, sitting next to him. "Thanks for letting me sleep in your house."

"If I don't get a paycheck, it won't be my house for long."

There was a long pause.

"Do you want to see what's on TV?" Infinite asked.

Tails shrugged, "Sure."

After browsing through a couple of channels, they can across a show called The Immortal and the Restless.

"How about this?"

Tails shrugged.

The Announcer began the story, "Another day, another dramatic entry in the lives of Vlad and his distressed mistress. Where will they go? What will they do? All that and more, happening now." 

"Clara, I tell you! The Baby isn't mine!" Vlad cried

"Count, I tell you that it is!" Clara argued. "You're the only vampire I've ever loved, and the baby turns his bottles into powdered milk."

"That doesn't mean anything!"

"He sleeps on the ceiling fan."

"Upright, or upside down?"

"What does it matter? You need to be part of your son's life!"

"I am an old man, Clara. I can't be a father."

"Well then at least pay your child support, you deadbeat!"

"Will Vlad and his mistress find common ground? Tune in next time," the Announcer finished.

Tails and Infinite glanced at one another. "That show was weird," Infinite frowned.

"Well, it made me tired enough to go to bed," Tails spoke, standing up. "Night." He walked to his bedroom.

"Don't let the animatronics bite," Infinite murmured, settling down on the couch.