5.

the drive in theater is almost an hour away, so the boys have to leave pretty early in the evening to get there at a good time. they have loads of blankets and pillows for maximum comfort and most likely jinyoung falling asleep.

they get some food on the way there that's easily hid under a blanket when they get into the theater to get their tickets.

jinyoung hates how much he wishes this were a date. he wants to lean over and kiss jaebeom, but he can't.

he decides he won't tell jaebeom about youngjae until they get home. he just wants to enjoy some time with jaebeom, along with possibly falling asleep in his arms.

"have you stolen enough blankets yet?" jaebeom asks when the movie is about to start. he looks down at jinyoung who is obviously very comfortable and he doesn't actually mind, but what kind of best friend would he be if he didn't tease jinyoung?

"not yet, give me more."

jaebeom shakes his head with a chuckle and scoots down to be at the same level as jinyoung.

jinyoung is asleep by the end of the first movie. he's hugging jaebeom's arm, not that either know how it happened, and is lightly snoring but it's so endearing that jaebeom gets distracted for a little bit.

jaebeom wakes jinyoung up so they can get into the truck when the second movie ends. it's what they've always done so that jaebeom doesn't have to drive home in silence and jinyoung doesn't mind.

"how was the second movie?" jinyoung asks cutely. there's a blanket over him and he's slouched down, looking up at jaebeom as he drives.

"it was good. i think the couple next to us we're having sex in their car so," jaebeom tells jinyoung who cringes at the information.

"why would you tell me that?"

the drive home is fun and jinyoung swears it feels like everything is back to normal. and then he remembers what he needs to tell jaebeom about youngjae.

so when they get to jaebeom's house, after stopping at the gas station to get coffee, they go to jaebeom's house and sit on his bed.

"beom, i need to tell you something," jinyoung says seriously. he's been hiding it long enough and he needs jaebeom to know.

"what wrong?"

"the other day, i went to the bathroom and, um, i saw youngjae. and he was making out with mark."

jaebeom had had anger issues in the past but he's gotten much better. but his reaction worries jinyoung.

he doesn't get upset. he grabs his phone and sends a text, breaking up with youngjae and then blocking his number.

"let's go drive around," jaebeom says and jinyoung can't say no, jaebeom just broke up with his boyfriend after finding out he was being cheated on.

they drive around and listen to music until five in the morning. then they go get breakfast at a cute diner.

"you know i love you, right, beom?" jinyoung asks as jaebeom sets down his cup of strawberry milk after taking a drink.

jaebeom nods. "i love you, nyoung."

and jinyoung isn't worried about it being platonic or romantic, he just wants to be here for jaebeom.