Chapter 11

*Flashback*

[No one's POV]

"Was it you who killed Lu Guofu?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Are you kidding me?" Song Yi asked.

"The first time I had doubts about you was in the library. Mina told me that your name was on the check-out sheet. Of course you gave me a reds blue explanation quickly. But I still couldn't understand why the murderer had to tear out the map at the back. You tore out the last page." Chaeyoung said while looking at Song Yi.

"Are you serious? Then tell me, why would I do that?" Song Yi asked.

"Because after seeing the map, you clearly understood the killer's pattern." Chaeyoung said.

"Wow, I must be a genius then. What is my reason for doing that?" Song Yi asked.

"Because you didn't want me to see the map, so you could kill and blame it on him." Chaeyoung said.

"Blame it on him?" Song Yi asked.

"Let me finish. That night when we left the library... It was you that led us to the murderer in Roosevelt Park,  because you knew I suspected you. And there was nothing better to dispel my suspicions about you than letting us witness the murderer in action. After the hospital visit, you thought we might get in your way, so you took the opportunity to modify Lu Guofu about our whereabouts... You drugged Lu Guofu, then took his lung like the killer would. And then replaced the victim at the sugar refinery with Lu Guofu's body." Chaeyoung said.

"Where is the other corpse?" Song Yi asked.

"I think it's inside the trunk of the car you brought. I think that day you did not arrive with us. You were actually leaving the refinery when you saw us... You must have calculated the timing and informed the other detectives. But you couldn't have known that Mina would come to save us which caused us to arrive earlier." Chaeyoung said.

"It was Q who notified everyone." Song Yi said.

"Remember our conversation that day at the subway? You claimed you had been following Q's instructions. I couldn't figure out Q's purpose behind it. You just said you must be a genius... True, it takes a genius to understand the killer's pattern just by reading a map. And that genius is you, Q." Chaeyoung said and looked at Song Yi.

Song Yi scoffed and turned back to face Chaeyoung.

"I am Q?" Song Yi asked.

"Only Q could have figured it all out ahead of me. What is it? The genius committed a perfect crime? Assuming you went to the first crime scene out of curiosity, then starting from the second victim, Jason Wu, you must have planned it all out, so you could be involved in this case in order to get close to Lu Guofu. Hyuk and I are merely your tools. You did it for your missing sister, didn't you? I checked Lu Guofu's background. He secretly ran an underground human trafficking ring in New York, selling illegal immigrants to South America into prostitution. A lot of people died because of him. Yes. He is a real scum." Chaeyoung said.

"Your theory is so good that I almost want to believe it." Song Yi and crossed his legs as they are sitting on the stairs.

"It was your right hand that dispelled my suspicions. Because after visiting the two crime scenes, you found out that the murderer was actually left-handed, like you. So you switched to use your right hand. Even when you hopped into the car, you used your right hand. But... At the moment you saved me, you had no time to think and acted on instinct. That's when you used your left hand." Chaeyoung said, the both of them look at each other before Chaeyoung breaks the eye contact.

"Your divine action revealed the beast inside of you." Chaeyoung added.

"I saved you, and all you can think about is this." Song Yi said and Chaeyoung looked at him.

"Chaeyoung, are you a God or a beast?" Song Yi asked.

"So you admit it?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Why admit something you have no proof of?" Song Yi said.

"You must not have had time to get rid of the body in your trunk. And these..." Chaeyoung said and took out a ziplock bag with the pen that Chaeyoung took at the classroom.

"I took them from your classroom. We can test them for fingerprints to see if you used the left hand or the right hand. Should I do it?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Do you remember that Crimaster case? The one who killed the government official is the dog, but the one who replaced his dog with a killer dog was his wife. It's not the animal that kills, but the barbarity." Chaeyoung said.

Chaeyoung then returned his pen with the ziplock bag and left the place.

*End of flashback*

At a certain corner, Song Yi opened the ziplock bag with the pen he used inside.

He dropped the pen on the floor and smirked before leaving the scene.

A few days later

Chaeyoung and Mina was at the airport while Hyuk and Laura is sending them off.

"If you guys are here next time, remember to call me." Laura said and they nodded.

"I'm so lucky that once the case was over, she gave me a chance to be her boyfriend." Hyuk said and hold Laura's hand.

"Congrats to you then." Chaeyoung said and the guys shook hands while the girls hugged each other.

"Nice working together with you." Chaeyoung said to Hyuk and Hyuk smiled.

"Same." Hyuk said.

The girls then broke the hug and smiled to each other.

"Oh ya, Q's IP was deeply encrypted. I spent the entire night decoding it. And you are right, he's not in Canada." Mina said to Chaeyoung and Chaeyoung smiled proudly.

"I know." Chaeyoung said.

"But he's not in the US either..." Mina said and Chaeyoung widened his eyes.

"What?" Chaeyoung said in shock.

"He's not Q. Are you disappointed?" Mina said and Chaeyoung remained silent.

"So that's the reason why you're up all night?" Chaeyoung asked and Mina nodded.

Just then, the announcement for them to board the plane was made and they went in the departure gate.

After that, Chaeyoung and Mina finally are able to fly back to Korea.

____________________________________

Case closed! Now is back with Michaeng's life!
Please vote and support me!
Hope you enjoy reading.
Thanks for reading!