Day&Night

1980

Author

"I often wonder if lovin' you Will be tonight."

Michael and his fiancé Neicy watched a romantic film together while cuddled up against their new retro-styled Graphite Woven Noelle Sofa. Neicy was very into the romantic film,  crying when a character would confess their love for another. Meanwhile, Michael was bored out of his everlasting mind and wanted to watch an action movie or a horror. Anything besides a chick flick, but he loved his fiancée, So if that's what she wanted to watch, then he would watch it.

"This movie is so good! Don't you think so, babe?" Neicy asked her fiancé as she turned her head up to look at him. Michael nodded. "Mhmm, good." Michael was so tired from working all day that he just wanted to go to sleep, but he couldn't. He wanted to spend some time with Neicy, even if it became somewhat of a detriment to his sleeping pattern. The two of them haven't been able to spend much time together for various reasons.

One of them was that Michael had to work all the time. After graduating from a top school with a bachelor's in accounting, Michael secured a job as a financial analyst at a Fortune 500 company.
He loved and very much so appreciated his career, but it was highly stressful.

Also, Michael was doing a lot of overtime which was another reason he and Neicy weren't spending quality time together.

It's not that he wanted to work so much, but he had to. Michael had a lot of things he had to pay for, like his upcoming wedding, his new house, bills. It was a lot, and he didn't have much help since Neicy wasn't working at the time being.

Neicy was getting her masters degree, and Michael wanted her to focus solely on that as
he did all of the providing until she graduated.

It was a lot to handle, but Michael was somehow managing. Somehow. "Babe! Did I tell you what
happened about the cake situation?" Neicy asked while digging her hand into a bowl of caramel-flavored popcorn.

"No, you did not. What's going on?"

"Well, you know how I wanted red velvet to be the flavor for a wedding cake, right?" Michael nodded.

"So the lady said that cake would be a fifty dollar up-charge since it takes more ingredients and more time as well as the cost for decorating it with the designs I had in mind."

Michael inwardly rolled his eyes.

Fifty dollars!? Oh, fuck no.

"Neicy, she's overcharging us. Find someone else." Neicy widened her eyes at Michael. "Find someone else!? Michael, she's the best out there, and her cakes are so delicious. She made a chocolate cake for my friend's birthday, remember? Ashley? It was so good, and you were like you wanted her to make our cake for the wedding. Remember that babe?"

Michael removes his circular glasses from around his eyes before pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance. He sighed. "Yes, I remember that. But that was before the extra fifty-dollar charge. Neicy we're already supposed to pay seventy for the cake. Now she's charging more."

Neicy smiled at her fiancé. "But babe, it's only fifty extra. That's not much!" Michael frowned
at her ignorance towards financial matters.