Neicy&The Surprise

1980

Author

"I'm tired of thinkin' Of what my life's supposed to be."

It was a Monday morning. Michael hated Mondays just as the next person would.

The thought of having to repeat a week of doing the same thing as every other week for 365 days straight was beyond exhausting. But, being with Neicy made it more bearable for Michael.

Every morning, she would wake up an hour or two before Michael, iron his clothes for the day, and make him a yummy breakfast. It's not that she had to do any of these things, but she wanted Michael to be as happy as he could.

She knew he worked hard and was doing everything in his power to provide for her. Michael was paying for everything and making sure the finances were straight. The least she could do was make him some pancakes decorated with a fruit-served smiley face.

Currently, Neicy was in the kitchen making breakfast for her sweetheart. She knew that he would be grumpy because of the best friend coming over unexpectedly, So she made sure to make this breakfast extra delicious.

She made Michael an omelet mixed with spinach, goat cheese, and tomato paste. His favorite.

She also made Michael some turkey bacon, a nice little cut-up bowl of fruit ranging from grapes, strawberries, kiwi, and other delicious fruits. The last thing she made for Michael was a stack of pancakes drenched in maple syrup.

Michael loved pancakes.

He would eat pancakes in the morning and the afternoon, evening, and night—another favorite food.

Happy Feelings by Frankie Beverly and Maze played on the radio inside the kitchen. Neicy hummed the song to herself as she grabbed a bottle of cool whip sweet cream out of the refrigerator.

"Happy feelings everywhereeeeee" She shut the fridge back with her hip and walked back to the table where all the food sat against. She shook the bottle of whip cream up before taking the red cap
off the top and spraying a smiley face on the top pancake.

She took a few fruits from the fruit bowl and decorated the smile of the pancake. The eyes were covered in two medium-sized strawberries, while the smile was a mixture of blue and raspberries.

The final thing Neicy did to complete Michael's breakfast was pour him up a nice glass of cranberry juice. Neicy stretched her arms out and sighed while looking over all the food she cooked.

It was a lot of food, but Michael had a motor mouth. He was always eating something but never gained weight which Neicy thought was unfair. If she ate a piece of chocolate, she would gain fifty pounds.

Michael swore up and down that she was exaggerating, which she was but still.

Speaking of Michael, he was awoken by the smell of pancakes. Neicy's breakfast always woke him up; he didn't even need an alarm clock. Michael did his daily morning routine of taking a shower, brushing his teeth, and getting ready before jogging down the stairs.

The smell of those pancakes made his stomach growl and turn in hungry knots. He was starving.

Michael made his way inside the kitchen to see his beautiful fiancée having a mini-concert. She was singing her heart out with a tremendous whip bottle to her lips as a microphone prop. Michael chuckled a bit.