Chapter 14: Parents

"It's okay. I'll handle here." I said to Eve as aunt is calling her for something.

I'm trying to reach the olive oil in the cabinet when another hand reach for it. I turn to see Amen. He give me a smile but I didn't response.

"Thank you." I continue making salad for lunch. "You're welcome. Can I help you with anything." I just shake my head.

It's been two days since aunt called me in her room. When I didn't went to the guest house that night everyone bombed me with questions.

I told them I wasn't feeling well. Than they all become worried. I managed to make them believe me but him. It's as if he take one look at me and understood something was wrong.

It's not like he didn't tried to find out but I can't let him know.
"Is something wrong?" I come out of my thoughts hearing his voice. I again shake my head. He sigh.

"I just want you to know that we all are here if you need us. Any of us." He emphasis on any.
I don't say anything just keep working. He stand there for some moments than left sighing again.

Eve return and we work in silance. Aunt has ordered Eve to clean the whole house so Eve has been busy. I told her to take some rest but she is stubborn.

Today's all their parents are coming. They are coming a little early to have a little vacation and meet Nora.

All their parents are school friends resulting Sam, Autumn, Derek and Amen to be friends too. I'm working fast so I can go to my room before they come.

"Won't you meet them?" Eve ask while working.
"No."

°°°°°°°°°°

After lunch I walk to my room seeing satisfaction on aunt's face.

Knock

knock

I open the door to see Nora standing there all dressed up.
"We are leaving."
"Okay." She keep looking at me than turn around walking away.

°°°°°°°°°°

It's almost evening when I hear the car noise. I walk to my window to see they have arrived. There are totally eight middle aged people. They all talk and laugh as they walk inside.

Suddenly Amen look up and our eyes meet. It's like deja vu of the first night. I quickly close the curtains but because it's still daylight and the curtains are thin I can still see him looking me.

A man who came with them come and stand in front of him but Amen keep looking at me. The man shake Amen. Amen blink and look at the man. He said something to the man and again glance this way.

Amen walk away and the man turn to look at me. I quickly walk away. I can hear chattering from my room. When I hear a knock on my door I frown.

I told everyone that I'm not feeling well so not to disturb me. I open the door to see Nora standing. She don't say anything just gesture me to follow her.

"Nora wait." But she didn't stop. I sigh. She can be stubborn if she wants to. I reverently follow her.

As soon as I enter the living room I feel a burning gaze on me but I don't dare look at him.

"Everyone meet Alora. She is the most important person of my life." We both sit down and I look up to see all eyes on me. I look around nervously than look at Nora for help.

"Hello! I'm Sarah. Sam's mother." I look up to see a women who looks so much like Sam. Eventually I meet all their parents.

Sam's father is like him, quite but Sam's mother is hipper like Autumn.

Autumn's parents are a little quite but nice. Derek's family is a little different. His both parents are joyful and loves to talk.

"Hello! I'm Daisy Knight." I turn to see a very beautiful woman. She has beautiful pair of dark brown eyes.

So familiar.

"And I'm Aaron Knight." Amen is the carbon copy of his father but his eyes. His eyes are of his mother's.

"Hello!"
"You are one beautiful girl you know!" I look at Mrs. Knight and give an awkward smile. I don't like it when people pride me.
"I was about to say that, D. She is absolutely gorgeous."

I've heard that I'm very beautiful many times. That I'm my mother's shadow. Same eyes, same face, same smile, same hair. But I never believed it. My ma, she was so beautiful, so kind. I can never be like her.

I see from the corner of my eyes, Amen's parents look at each other and smile.
"Thank you,Mrs. Knight."
"Please call me Daisy. Mrs. Knight makes me feel old. We have heard so much about you from Nora..."
"Please freshen up. Than you can talk. Nora take them upstairs." Aunt said stopping them from talking further.

Aunt didn't agree for them to stay in hotel. When I walk towards stairs Amen called me.
"Sunflower! Are you feeling well?" I give a nod.
"Than you don't need to go upstairs, right?"
"Umm..."

"She isn't going anywhere." I turn to see Nora coming down.
"Right Lora." Nora has a harsh look on but not toward me.

Something is wrong with her. When they all freshen up they come down and sit in the living room. After sitting with them for a while I went to the kitchen to help Eve set the table. When everything is arranged Eve called them to eat.