Chapter 18

Get ready...here it comes.

"Little kitty on a roof, all alone without his Princess..." I sang softly, as I met up with Alya. Chat had been singing it last night, and it'd been stuck in my head all day. I stopped as soon as Alya ran over, "Morning!"

Alya and I walked into the school. After the Marigold craze had died down, people started putting up more pictures of Chat Noir and Scarlet Lady, so the walls where now decorated in an assortment of red, yellow, green, and black. Everyone walked around, seemingly normal, but I kept hearing a name. Lila...

Then, I saw her. She was sitting on a bench with a crowd of people around her, "Hey, do you know who this 'Lila' is, Als?"

Alya nodded, "Ya! She just moved here from Italy. She's been here for about a week and sadly met Chloe first. Lila tried to be friends with Chloe, but you know how Chloe is. Anyhow, Lila recently posted a video on being bullied by Chloe and pretty much everyone's seen it! Now, Lila's been telling us more about herself! Apparently, she knows a ton of famous directors, actors, singers like Jagged Stone, and even Princes! Just yesterday I found out she personally knows Scarlet Lady! They're like besties. You see, Scarlet Lady saved her life once, back when she was in Italy, and she and Lila have remained close ever since," Alya explained.

I let out a sudden burst of laughter but blushed when Alya gave me a confused look. It was hard imagining Scar being 'close' to anyone...or saving someone's life...or doing anything heroic in general.

Still, who was I to name the impossible? I had a floating magical creature hiding in my purse for goodness sake.

I spotted Adrien and Nino, and Alya and I headed over, "Morning Nino! Morning Adrien!" I said brightly.

"Morning, Mari."

"Hi."

I smiled, hoping Adrien still wasn't embarrassed about earlier. Alya and Nino started a conversation, so I nodded at Adrien, and together we went and sat on one of the benches, "Have you heard the news on this new Lila girl?" I asked.

Adrien nodded, "Apparently she's friends with Scar-Scarlet Lady."

I laughed again. The thought was just so...so...ridiculous! Then, I clamped a hand over my mouth. According to the world (Well, the world minus Micah and Pollen) I only knew what I saw on the news about Scarlet Lady. I didn't know that she was secretly a lazy, rude, intolerable person.

But Adrien was smiling too.

Trying to change the subject I said, "Do you know if you're going to homecoming yet? Alya and I have been talking about it. I'm trying to get her and Nino to go together. I think it'd be so cute!

Adrien was about to speak again when suddenly, "Hi! You must be Adrien Agreste. I'm such a big fan. My name's Lila Rossi."

Me and Adrien looked up from each other. Before us stood the newfound star, Lila.

"Umm...hi Lila! Nice to meet you," Adrien said politely.

"Oh please, it's nice for me to meet you. An honor really! I mean, your pretty much the symbol for the Gabriel Agreste fashion industry!" Lila said, sitting next to Adrien, not bothering to say a word to me.

Wow. I felt awkward.

Adrien nervously put a hand behind his head, "Umm, thank you. But trust me, it's no honor to meet me-"

I would like to pause this scene for an important interlude...

Around fifteen hours ago: