Part 1

The Wulf Chronicles

Part 1: The Beginning

Prologue: Our Hero's Intro

My name is Jayk. I'm probably your average, stereotypical emo/goth eightteen-year-old kid. My life so far has been... difficult, to say the least. I was born to a single mother. My dad ran out and never gave me a chance. When I was five, I was taken away from my family, and spent the next two years bouncing from house to house. Shortly after turning seven, I moved to the house I live in now. I've lived here for a little over ten years, and I absolutely detest it. I get treated like shit and always get blamed for everything. Little did I know, however, on a fateful day, my life was about to be thrown face first onto a roller coaster.

Chapter 1: The Bus Ride

I woke up that morning like every other... late. I quickly threw on a "MayDay Parade" shirt, slim-fit jeans, attaching a chain to them, put on some converses, and a hoodie. I have black emo-swept hair, dark grey-blue eyes, snake bite piercings, a left eyebrow ring, and two ear piercings on my right ear. I skipped breakfast and brushed my teeth, quickly checking my hair and combing it, sweeping it, as I did every morning, slightly to the left (I didn't have the time nor motivation to straighten it). I slid my phone and headphones into my pocket, putting my owl charm around my neck. I caught the bus... barely, and walked to my seat, number ten, which was in the center, just how I like it, because my OCD dictates I cannot be too far from the front or back. I turned on my phone, putting my headphones in, and called my girlfriend, Arieda. After two rings, which is customary to us, as both of our OCD rituals are to wait two rings and then answer the phone, she answered.

"Hey Jayk!" Arie said immediately.

"Hey, love," I replied, "How's your morning?"

"I'm fine. Just woke up, and I'm feeling a little frisky." she stated bluntly, giggling to herself. This was not unusual behavior for her in the mornings. She always liked to be "naughty" this time of day.

I chuckled to myself, "Come now, love. Now isn't the time. I'm on the bus. Maybe after school or you could text me."

I could sense her smiling on the other end of the line, I know I was. "You tease," She said, laughing a little, "I'll do just that." She hung up.

My phone then vibrated, emitting the familiar alert tone of Legend of Zelda item acquire. It was her. I grinned a little.

"What're you smiling at, Jayk?" my friend Michael Dawson asked. He is around my height, but not as much dark in appearance, and has blue eyes and blonde hair, with an awkward sense about him. He also wasn't one to care much about things, unless they pertained, and mattered, to him.

"It's Arie," I said, "She just sent me a rather suggestive message."

"Ahh," he responded, "Again?"

"You know it," I answered, laughing loudly.

"I'll leave it at that then," he said.

"That would probably be best," I said, through tears of laughter, holding my sides. Frequent, unnecessary, random laughter was entirely common with me, probably due to my mental instability.

I then replied to her message, equally suggestive. We kept at our sexting for a while until I saw something that caught my eye. It was a large, male alpha wolf that was black with some streaks of red, sitting by the road and seemingly staring at me. Michael's eyes followed mine.

"What the hell are you looking at?" he asked.

"Please tell me you saw that dude," I said, slightly in awe.