Chapter One

Unedited

Love, what exactly is it?

Is it the fluttering feeling in one's heart when seeing a loved one?

Or could it be the feeling of sinking deep down, never to float back up again when betrayed?

I often wondered what it is.

What is even worst is that the chances of finding one's soulmate are 1 in 10,000.

Would it even be possible? For someone like me to find the one.

Every time I finally allow myself to fall in love, I would just end up getting hurt.

Every single time I trusted some boy with my heart, he pushes me away like a pile of garbage after seeing her.

If only I too had my way with men as well.

We looked so similar, some would even say we were identical. So why is it always her?

Compliments would only ever be given to her, guys would only ever fall at her feet. But never mine.

Finally, I had found 'the guy'.

The right one. The one whose gaze did not even linger on her.

Only to find out, on the day of the wedding, he was with her the night before.

I screamed, throwing those pictures in pretty picture frames away from me. Tearing and shredding them, those happy memories, gone with my bare hands.

When there were none left for me to destroy, I looked around in disgust. This was all?

Pathetic.

Our relationship was pathetic, he was pathetic, I was pathetic.

And I hated him for making me feel this way.

"Your fault... Your fault... Your fault..." Those voices chanted.

"Go away! Go! Leave!" I cried cupping my ears. I didn't want to hear it anymore.

My family looked at him in sympathy, thinking that I was the monster for ending things so abruptly, leaving such a perfect groom at the altar with no reason and refusing to see him anymore afterwards. I couldn't even open up to my parents about it because of her. After all, they would only tell me to 'give in' to my sister. Because of her poor health, I had to give up everything for her.

My dreams, my hopes, even the love of my life.

Why did it have to be him? Why did she have to set her eyes on him?

When I was with him, I was actually happy. For the first time in a while, I felt happy.

But everything just...

"Your fault... Your fault... Your fault..." Those voices chanted again.

"I- I'm sorry. P-please." I whimpered.

"Come back to me please, Elijah. Please. Make them go away."

With tears escaping from my lidded eyes, I cried silently.

~

"I'm right here baby. Why are you crying?"

That voice.

I looked up. And I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Eli. Eli! Is this really you?" I stared up at him.

He looked as handsome as he always did. His short blonde hair practically glowing in the dim darkness of the room.

"Of course baby, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asked me as he enveloped me in a bear hug.

I rubbed my eyes. "It's nothing," I managed a smile.

"I-I just. I had a dream. You left me for Jasmine. You wouldn't would you?"

Elijah shook his head. "Never baby, it'll be you and only you. You're my forever."

I smiled. What a silly dream. Eli would never.

Never leave me for her.  Because he was the one.

"I love you"

~~
That's chapter one for you guys if you are an old reader rereading this story again, thank you for your support!!

I'm currently editing the next chapter and since I'm away and on holiday, I have loads of free time so I'm going to update as much as possible before school reopens...

I will usually update on Saturdays and Sundays.

Also, exciting news, I have a couple of new books that I'm brainstorming as of right now, they might be up next year earliest. I'm trying to focus more on 'Silhouette'.

Thank you and happy reading!

XoXo,
Paris