CHAPTER 5: And (End)

He could very well recognize the voice at the end of the receiver – old and weak.

"Eriol? When will you go home?"

There was guilt. Yes, he respects this man and so he replied, "Soon."

******

The weather was fine. It was sunny and the cherry blossoms were starting to bloom on the way to Tomoeda High and around its premises.

Graduation. Last year, last month, and last day – It was supposed to be the end of their high school days. Ahead was their awaiting future, unknown but certainly bright. Familiar faces would soon depart, leave the stage, leave the light, and would walk on their own. Others would stay, grip tightly, be rooted. They would be tears and cries for happiness, completeness, and success. It would be a one-time moment for them, to celebrate, to congratulate, and bid farewell.

On this one-time moment, others would do it. It seemed like a tradition. She had never imagined herself doing so. But, yes, on this special day, she would.

"Daidouji-san?" She looked up at him. There he was, standing right beside her, wearing his blue uniform for the last time as she was wearing hers as well. There, on his perfect kind face, was his smile again, assuring and comforting. "Let's go."

"Hai," she countered his with her identical smile.

Yes, Dadouji Tomoyo would finally confess to Hiiragizawa Eriol, would plead him to stay and never leave.

******

It was a memorable moment for almost all friends and familiar faces were present at the ceremony – Daidouji Sonomi, her bodyguards (agents), Kinomoto Fujitaka, Touya and his fiancé Mizuki Kaho, Tsukishiro Yukito and his girlfriend Akizuki Nakuru, and even Sasaki Rika.

For the first time, after years, the gang was reunited. Seeing their old friend, they shed tears of joy, not minding that the ceremony wasn't starting yet and they were already ruining their look.

Happy. With her long hair framing her face, Sasaki Rika was wearing an honest smile – contented and new, alone and fine. She had a starting life outside Tomoeda, studying again in Osaka.

******

"Where's Minako-san?"

"We already broke up."

He smiled and left.

"Oh, that's why..."

"He never spoke about it."

Yamazaki Takashi was an expert on hiding his emotions.

******

"Friends, faculty members..."

It was expected seeing the President of the Student Council having his speech before the pulpit. Before the stage was the listening audience.

Eriol was saying those words again – those comforting words that it was okay, yes, it was okay to be separated from your town and friends for the moment. It was okay to take a break, grow, and stand on your own two feet away from the usual persons around you. Though, he assured that, yes –

"...in times of needs, we will be there, just like what true friends should be."

As usual, Hiiragizawa's eyes were gleaming with appreciation and gratefulness. It was a fulfilling chapter indeed, worthy to be thankful for.