Enter: Rodan

With two Earth monsters already on their side, the Shobijin felt confident now that they could build the team they needed. Not all their endeavors would be so easy, however.

Far off on the other side of the world, an important former ally remained unaccounted for. The flying monster Rodan had survived Operation DAM, with multiple confirmed sightings across South and North America, but where exactly he had ended up was a mystery. There had been no new encounters in the last four months, and the already antisocial creature had grown increasingly distant after the events that transpired that year.

His suffering was not lost on them. Like many of the earth's older spirits, he had lost everything. His world to the march of time, his mate to the fires of Mt. Aso, his freedom to Monster Island. And now, after the terror of Mechagodzilla, he was more alone than ever. He had been robbed not only of his most basic animal rights, but of all reason to care for another living thing. Doing so had only ever brought him heartache. So it was no surprise, then, that he was not so happy to finally be found.

The Shobijin had risked everything to find Rodan, but he saw that as their problem, not his. He had been betrayed by the humans so many times already that he felt their doom was deserved- welcomed, even. They would pay for all the death and mayhem they had caused and his own life would be none the worse. Try as they might, the Shobijin could not convince him. The bitter monster cast them aside with a beat of his wings, tossing the poor fairies out of his cavern retreat as he soared high into the morning sky. Caesar and Anguirus could only hang back and watch as he zoomed off into the mountains.

They would have to find help somewhere else.