Chapter 2

hello there my lovelies! sorry haven't updated in literally forever! been so busy xD but here is your update haha
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke to the all too familiar tugging and pinching of the suture to my skin. Too many a time had I awoken like this, I don't expect it to end any time soon either. I looked down and sure enough sitting cross-legged beside me was my one and only friend Gamzee Makara sewing me back up. I lied there for a few minutes while he worked on my leg, everything else had already been sewn shut. I tried to sit up and was met with a large hand pressing against my abdomen, Gamzee spoke softly, "NoT hApPeNiNg ZuL. yOu KnOw BeTtEr." I sighed and relaxed once again while he finished stitching up my leg. When he finished I tried again, this time he did let me move, although it was quite difficult doing so before he helped me sit up properly. "ZuL, yOu CaN't KeEp DoInG tHiS tO yOuRsElF." I looked up at him, his eyes filled with concern and anguish. Too many times had I come to this place beaten and bloodied. Each time Gamzee had patched me up and kept me safe here until I was better. I would be long dead if he hadn't have helped me, my kind best friend.

"Gamzzz I'll be fine, thizzz izz nothing." I finally replied, reaching up to the large troll's face and touching his cheek softly. I smiled before continuing, "don't worry zo much Makara. you'll get worry linezz." with that he smiled finally. He helped me up and walked me down the hall to his extra room, my room when I needed a place to stay like tonight. It was small with a twin mattress on the floor and a small dresser, pictures of Gamzee and I as little kids and even recent pictures littered the walls of my little room. I looked up at Gamzee, "Gamz? I don't have any more zpare clothezz here, can I borrow zome of yourzzz?" He replied with a simple nod and helped me to my little bed before going to grab some spare clothes.

A few moments later Gamzee came back with a pair of his spotted black pants that he always wore and his shirt with the purple symbol on it. His 'family' signature I guess. I never really understood all of these special signs and everything. Not my thing. I myself did have a sign, but never wore it. Well, technically I did, a scar on my left shoulder. I don know how it got there, it has just been there ever since I can recall I guess. I didn't even know about it until Gamzee had said something one night when I'd been literally stabbed in the back.

Gamzee waved his large hand in front of me, "ZuL, yOu AlRiGhT tHeRe BrO?" He questioned.
"Yeah zorry Gamzz.. Wazzz thinking," I replied. He looked at me curiously, his head cocked sideways. I laughed at his silly expression, "Don't worry about it Gamzzzz juzt thinking about a memory." He smiled and gave me te clothes and turned to leave.

"Uhm... G-Gamzz?" I stuttered. He stopped by the door but didn't turn back to face me.
"yEaH ZuL?" He asked softly and turned around. When he turned his face became a soft purple, he just looked at me. I had undressed almost all the way. Just in my undergarments(bra and underpants).
"a-am I pretty... Gamzee?" I asked softly, almost a whisper. He looked at me, his face flushed even worse than before. I turned away after a few more minutes of silence and started to get dressed. I wasn't pretty.. He hadn't said anything, why would he? All the scars on my body, I'm nothing like any of the other female trolls. I'm not pretty. I had my shirt half way on when I felt his large hands on my shoulders. I stopped before he said softly, "zUlEaN... yOuRe BeAuTiFuL..."

I turned to face him, blinking away tears that had been forming in my eyes. I looked up at his face, surrounded by wild, shaggy, black hair.
"Prove it" I said, looking into his eyes, those sweet eyes. "Prove it to me"