#..three ❜

3
_____

lee donghyuck

I know this probably
isn't really realistic

_____

"Donghyuck, it's time for your lessons," his thoughts are interrupted by his mom knocking on his door.

Yes, indeed, he has lessons. His parents wouldn't dare 'risk his life' with him going to school. Fun way of putting that they're too famous to let him have a normal childhood. His lessons were of a very high level, that isn't the problem, he just wants to be surrounded by people. Dumb, but it's what he misses.

"Coming!"

He makes his way downstairs, slowly. Dragging his feet, he entered his office. It's ridiculously big for a highschool student, or well, the equivalent of one.

His private teacher finally arrived and their lessons started. Well, they didn't.

"Donghyuck," he stated, "I wanted to ask you what you were planning on doing. You know, after you finish school and go into the real world. You, of course, have the opportunity to become the CEO of the company but you don't seem motivated about it. This is your future Donghyuck, not your parents', you can choose for yourself."

He thought he knew that. Until he realized that he needed to be told this truth for it to settle inside of him. Did he really want this? The stress of having and running an entertainment company? Or was it just what he felt was right.

"Yes, Taeil, this is what I want. I want it to happen. The thing is, I don't know if people would believe in me."

"What do you mean?" he probably didn't understand what his student meant by this. Did he even believe him?

"The thing is, people adore my mom, to some, she's just as famous as her idols. Would people let her leave me in charge? Me, of all people?"

This left Taeil rather thoughtful, not so much on the actual statement but more on the idea meaning of this very sentence, "Donghyuck, I think it's time for you to make more friends. Meet people who believe in you and will build your confidence up. Just like Jaemin and Jeno. It can be one person just like it can be ten."

"But Taeil, how am I supposed to make friends when I'm also supposed to be the heir of one of the biggest companies?"

"That's a hard question. I have never been in your position, as you can clearly see. I think it's destiny. Think of it as soulmates, but platonic. You are meant to meet them, they will make you feel like what you are meant to be. You just never know when you'll meet them."

"Right. Soulmates but platonic. Doesn't help."

"Trust me Donghyuck, it will all be worth it in the end. Talk to Jaemin and Jeno, they might be able to help you. I know it can be hard to open up. It doesn't have to be big, just maybe talk about your stress. It will be just like a huge weight lifted from your shoulders."

"Taeil, thank you. Thank you for everything."

don't be scared
to comment 💕