Rin x Haru

A/N: fluff :3 (requested by me)

Rin's p.o.v:

I got out of bed and picked up my phone. I checked my messages. 1 from Nitori about practice. God, he's so annoying sometimes.  I threw my phone into my bag and got dressed as quickly as i could. I didn't want to be late as I was meeting up with Haru and Makoto after practice.

I reached the pool in a couple minutes and headed to the locker rooms. No-one else was there, i checked the time. I was slightly early. I decided to start swimming, to warm up for practice.

Haru's p.o.v:

Today was our day off from practice so i sat in my room, watching the sunlight flood through my curtains. I sudenly remembered about my date with Rin. No- it wasn't a date, Makoto was going to be there too. And me and Rin aren't dating, we're just friends. I picked up my phone and went to Rin's contact. There was a small heart next to his name, cringey, I know.

I was secretly hoping that he would see that so i wouldn't have to admit to actually having a crush on him to his face. Geez, I'm such a wimp sometimes. I wish i could just man up and tell him already. I've had a crush on him for ages.

I picked my phone back up and moved to Makoto's contact. I called him to remind him about the meetup.

"Hey Haru-cha-"

"Don't call me ~chan."

"Haha, sorry, Haru. Oh yeah, i can't make the meetup with Rin today, I'm so sorry. I know we've been planning this for ages, but I forgot i had other plans today, sorry"

"It's fine, don't worry about it, Mako.

"I can always cancel my plans for today, so I can come and see you guys, It's nothing important anyw-"

"No don't! We'll arrange to meet up another time. I'll still go and see Rin, of course, I don't want to cancel on him when we haven't seen each other in ages."

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks, Haru."

"No problem."

I hung up. So just me and Rin. I blushed.

Maybe I should invite Nagisa or Rei? No, this is my chance to tell Rin how I feel. Sweat beaded on my forehead. I put the phone into my bag and headed to the kitchen make some mackerel.

Rin's p.o.v:

I pulled out my phone and got the directions to the cafe I was meeting Haru and Makoto at. It was a short walk from the pool, so I decided to run. I put in my earphones and started jogging.

Haru's p.o.v:

I had headed to the cafe early because I hadn't had anything else to do. I sat at the table looking at the people ordering their drink. I wondered If they got crushes on people, if they got all hot and sweaty thinking about them.

I've known Rin since we were kids. We were always close, but we drifted apart when he moved to Australia. We used to send letters everyday, but they slowly didn't arrive, and one day they stopped coming entirely. I sometimes wished that Rin hadn't moved back then, and that he had stayed at Iwatobi. But I can't change the past, and if fate had chosen that path for him, then it must be.

I looked up from the counter and moved to look out the window.

It was Rin.

Rin's p.o.v:

It was Haru.

I smiled at him and went to the door to the cafe. I stepped inside and the smell of freshly baked cookies wafted towards me. It reminded me of the house I stayed in in Australia.

I walked towards the table Haru was sitting at. I pulled the seat out and sat down.

"Where's Mako?" I asked, looking into Haru's eyes. God, they were so beautiful.

"He said he had other plans today, sorry" Haruka replied, picking up his menu.

Haru's p.o.v:

"So, you want anything?" I asked Rin, glancing over the drinks section on the menu.

"I'll have some green tea, please"

As one of the waiters walked past I called him over and ordered the green tea for Rin.

The tea arrived and Rin drank it all in one gulp. Typical Rin, I thought. He was always the type to eat and drink things fast. He was just that sort of person.

Rin's p.o.v:

"Hey, can we go to the park? I said, standing up from the table.

There was something I desperately needed to tell Haru. I'd had a crush on him for a while now. I couldn't stand not knowing if he felt the same way or not. He was so beautiful, every moment I was with him, i felt the urge to lean over and kiss him, or grab him by the hand and pull him into me.

I wanted to hold him, and protect him from the world. I wanted him to be mine.

"Um- yeah I guess, why did you want to go there?" Haru questioned, tilting his head like a confused puppy.

"You'll find out."

Haru's p.o.v:

Rin grabbed my hand and pulled me up. He looked into my eyes for a moment, his purple hair falling onto his face. I could feel the warmth of his hand in mine, and i felt my cheeks heat up.

He placed a note down onto the table and shouted a quick 'thank you' before pulling me out of the shop. A he lead me to the nearby park i couldn't help but to wonder what he wanted to tell me.

No. it couldn't be. Was he going to-? No, I need to get those thoughts out of my head.

I looked up into the Purple haired boy's eyes. They seemed to glimmer in the sunlight. Or was that just my imagination?

"There's something I've been meaning to tell you. For a while now. I- I really like you. As more than a friend"

His words stuck in my throat. Had I heard him right? Butterflies fluttered in my stomach.

I stuttered. My face went red.

"I- I like you too"

Rin's p.o.v:

I doubted it for a second. Did he really just?-

All of a sudden, I grabbed his shirt and pulled him towards me. I could feel his eyes flutter closed as my hot breath brushed his lips. I closed my eyes and pressed our lips together. Haru let out a small gasp as I kissed him. He tasted sweet, and just as I was starting to get into it he pulled away.

"I... I love you, Rin."

.