1.Detection of Space

"The body has been in the ranch for a day and a half. No signs of forced entry on either of the doors. Looks like our murderer was already in the ranch." Regina McQueen walked around the great living room of the Falcon Fitch Ranch. She was the top detective at her station, in New York and now, she nailed herself getting her first out of state job. Not bad for someone like her.

The old Falcon Fitch lady a.k.a Adele Fitch was the eldest lady in Amarillo, Texas. Her late husband died of a heart attack and she led her widow years for 17 years until she was murdered.

Andy Sterling, 6ft tall, built, wearing the sheriff uniform looked at Regina. "Impressive." His husky voice travelled with resonance in the room.

Regina smiled, " It really isn't. I read the report earlier."

Andy coughed at that.
"What do you think, McQueen?"

"Well, I'll need to talk to the neighbors. Doing fort duty and is there anyone living in the house currently or with Mrs.Fitch?"

"You mean Xander Davis?"

"Probably. Who is he?" She scanned the area looking for clues.

"The care-taker. He lives in that old cottage by the gate."

"Was he always her care taker?"

"Oh no, he did it because his ex-girlfriend was Mrs.Fitch's niece, Melanie Fitch."

"Can I meet him?"

A pause. Andy's brow rose a bit.

"Is there a problem?" Regina suddenly noticing the tension in his shoulders.

"Well, Xander is not the most welcoming and hates to talk."

"I think I can handle it." She flipped out her notepad, scribbling in notes.

"You might be. Don't know about him. He's been in rough spot ever since old lady Fitch died."

"I don't care. I need as much information about this case as soon as possible."

"Okay. I warned ya. He is in the cottage right now."

"Thanks, Sheriff."

"Call me Andy."

Regina walked towards the shabby old cottage. From far, it looked small but as one came closer, it was big enough to live comfortably.
She noticed the door was slightly open. She stepped in, taking in her surroundings.

"Didn't know the police academy forgot to teach door duty to their rookies." A rough voice spoke behind her.

Regina turned slowly. A muscular sun kissed half naked man stood in her vision. Her heart beat skipped a beat.

She examined him, quietly. Bare-footed tall legs clad in skinny low waist jeans, a loose towel hanging around his neck. Veins and muscles rippled in sinewy manner around his arms, his strong corded neck with collar bones that made the ridge in his skin want Regina to lick it.
His chest spattered with chest hair and underneath lay only muscles.

Why did the room suddenly feel hot?

When she looked into his eyes, they were of stormy grey. Intense and focused. His jaw is squared and rugged but the only feature that stood out was the twirling handle bar moustache, which he was currently rolling between his fingers.

"Done?"

Regina blinked back into his eyes. "Excuse me?"

"Done checking me out?"

"I was merely glancing. Are you the caretaker?"

"Who's asking?"

Regina felt her brows scrunched when he asked that. "I'm the detective."