4.Clues to the Rescue

"I don't understand. She just up and left."

Regina kicked the small stones, watching them roll down the road. She stood in front of Melanie Fitch's house, standing next to Andy with Xander a few feet away.

Apparently it seems Melanie had been gone for weeks now. And the last person she was seen with was the barbaric of man-Xander.

She had always loved the thrill of a good investigation but the interviewing with people you don't wish to see can be exhausting. Although, she put on a brave face. If she solved this, it could help her get a raise and new position lining up for the sergeant in her precinct. Once she get the exam done, she could have better life in New York.

So, she focused back on the task. Stay calm.
"Do you recall your previous conversation with her, Mr. Davis?"

"Can't seem to recall but I do remember a few tit bits." He said, looking smug.

Why was he torturing her? Can't he just give her a simple answer and be done with it. Breathe, Regina.

"Could you remember those tit bits?" She clenched her teeth from emphasizing on 'tit bit'.

"I don't know. The sun is hot today and I already had a headache from getting a restless sleep last night." He says, scrunching his eyebrows as he mashed his forehead.

"You slept like a log. It was me who didn't get some proper sleep with your constant snoring and moving around."

"Maybe if you had taken the cot, none of this would have happened."

"Maybe if you had slept in your own bed, none of this would have happened!"

"Alrighttttt. Regina, how about you take another look around while I talk to Xander here?" Andy smiled uncomfortably, as he drags his friend to the side. As he watched her stomp off, he sidled up to Xander, whose expression was hard and unreadable.

"Will you will tell me what has gotten under your skin lately?"

"What the fuck you on about?" He growls, still looking over at Regina's form. She was wicked and not easily baffled by him.
A new kind.
For someone who hated anything modern, he hated the new kind.

"Why are you so hard ass with her? She isn't some soldier you can train, Xander!"

He squinted his eyes back at Andy, peering at him hard. "Look here, lover boy. You might want to take her shit, but I ain't."

He almost wanted to throttle his friend all of a sudden. The fact that Andy might genuinely have some interest in her didn't sit well with Xander. Not because he was jealous. He just didn't want his buddy trapped in that siren's lair.

"Why are you calling me that? She and I are professional partners in this and I'm asking you to help."

"Yeah whatever. Anyway, when Melanie left, we didn't talk much. If you know what I mean." He said, winking back at Andy.

"Okay, but anything else?"

He was about to say something when tight ass McQueen strode over to them with a paper in her hand. She gives it to Andy, not even glancing at Xander. This made him tighten his hands into fists.

"Andy, this letter has a list of items she needed. Where exactly do you think she went?" Xander had already gotten a peep at the list and immediately he knew.