Chapter 2

Sunny's POV

We managed to wiggle our way out of the situation with Theo's friend. I don't know why she said that. I mean, maybe it's true? That's kookie nevermind. Theo seemed just as awkward as me. It'd been like 45 minutes since Theo's friend said that. We were just walking, I was completely distracted by my thoughts. I felt someone grab my shoulder and pull me back, I looked at where I was about to step, it was the river. "Oops" I looked round at the person who grabbed my shoulder. "Tryna drown or something?" It was Theo, of course it was Theo. "Thanks." I said still pretty awkward. I mean, we hadn't seen eachother in person in 2 years, how could it not be. She hasn't even really changed, apart from the fact that she's taller than me now. We used to be the same height. She used to tie her hoodies around her waist, like...always. she hasn't taken hers off yet, wierd thing to focus on I know. I think this is the first time I've actually seen her wearing her hoodie. "I like your hoodie" I said to her..I mean it's all I could say without being all wierd. "Uh yeah, thanks" she said, she wasn't being as uncontrollably crazy as before. I mean I guess she's more mature now. The thing is I wasn't really nervous, cos I felt safer near her. Bear casually walked up behind Theo and pulled her hood over her head. "Hey--!!" She pulled it out of her face and looked behind her. Bear was giggling at her, I didn't feel like I was there. I don't mean I didn't feel included. I mean it felt like a memory or a dream.

Sofia's POV

I was leading everyone..somewhere..I'm not sure where actually. I looked at them and started walking backwards. "Hey sunny.." I said. "Yeah?" Sunny replied. "Harry Styles is mine" I said smiling 'innocently' "no he's mine!" Sunny shouted back, chasing after me. I ran but not fast, seeing as Sunny didn't use to be that fast. "Hah! I'm much faster now!" Sunny said, she became the freaking flash I swear. I was concerned about what she was gonna do when she got to me. It wasn't that bad, she just kinda gently pushed me back. "Strength is a different story" I said not actually trying to make her upset, that's just kinda how I roll. "Shut up Books!" Even though Sunny did just as much reading as me, she still had 'Books' as my nickname. I kinda got hit with a wave of nostalgia after that. "Pfft-- haven't heard that in a while" I said. we all had nicknames, Sunny's was the cringiest though. "T-rex" I said, snickering. "Nooo! Sofiaaa!!" Sunny said shaking me by my shoulders. I continued laughing. Theo catched up to us. "Did I hear my fellow dinosaur" Theo said. Okay maybe there were two super cringy names.. actually all of them are cringy. "Pterodactyl at your service" Theo said, bowing. Bear stayed pretty behind I noticed him get his phone out to take a photo of us three. "Wait-- Gimme your phone" I said to him, I set it on the ground and put it on a timer. I pulled them all into shot. "Cheese!" I said as the phone took the photo. Sunny was smiling but Theo and Bear were looking at eachother in confusion. "Uhhhmm..thanks Sofia" he said, picking his phone up. "So, Grizzly Bear" Theo said teasingly. "Oh lord.." Bear said. "Not this" he smiled a bit.

Theo's POV

Everyone was smiling now. It was nice. We weren't walking anymore, obviously. Bear was leaning his arm on my shoulder. My hand was on Sunny's shoulder. Sofia was on her phone texting Bear a reminder to send it to us all. I saw my friend Astrid walking towards us with McDonald's. That's her punishment for saying what she said. We all started saving to her. "FOOOOOD!!!" bear shouted. Astrid was kinda unimpressed, she like...never ran, but all of a sudden she started running. "Pfft- FASTERRR" Sunny shouted. Once she got to us, she smirked and pointed behind us all. "Look" Astrid said, as she continued walking. We all looked behind us, apart from sunny, who was kinda delayed. "OhmygodOrlahi" I said incredibly fast. My friend Orla. Jeez most of my friends are here, the hell. "Hey Theo" Orla said, she had short purple hair, which I though was the best thing ever, even though Sofia and Astrid both had blue hair tips. Y'see I'm a professional shipper. This is the only ship that's sailed. "Asla?" I said. "Your ship names are improving.." Astrid said, being backpacked..(is that a thing...well pretty much it's a human backpack--) by a giggling Orla. "K, that's cute and all, but I want the food" Bear said, even though everyone was in awe of the cuteness. "Fine." Astrid passed us the food. We all got it out then I realised Orla didn't have anything. "Hey Orla-- uhh..did you want something" Sunny said, honestly better than I could've, I'd known Orla for a while, like..years, but I never really became friends recently. So I was pretty awkward still. Astrid was staring at me and Sunny, how she knew, I dont know. She was giving the human version of the Lenny face. "Oh god.." I mumbled. "Nah I like.. literally just got McDonald's, but I ate it in like 2 seconds" Orla said, laughing a bit. My head started to hurt. I rubbed my eye and nobody really said anything until I started rubbing my head against a tree. "Uhhhh... Theo, what was in the McDonald's." Astrid said. "I haven't even eaten it yet" I said, actually Bear was the only one finished. I slid to the ground, back against the tree. "My head hurts" I said reluctantly. "Oof" Sofia said. "Sofia, don't be rude" sunny said, elbowing her lightly. I didn't really notice but I started crying a bit. I was sad about how I knew that this was gonna be the last time I saw Sunny atleast in a while, but I didn't think I'd cry. "Oh jeez I didn't think it was that bad" Sofia said. "Shut up" I said, more aggressively then I planned. Everyone looked kinda wierded out. I was usually like.. Never any negative emotion. Sunny was the one to help me up. "Eat up Pterodactyl" she said, making me smile. Everyone just watched smirking.

Tree