7

"Nesta?" she heard her sister's soft whisper in the silence. She didn't turn to look at Feyre until she was right behind her.

Nesta slowly turned to look at her, eyes glinting with unshed tears, "Don't bother me Feyre. Don't bother with me. I can't—" her voice caught.

Her sister didn't say anything and only put a comforting hand on her shoulder. A part of her wanted to push that gand aside, but at this moment she craved some feeling of warmth.

For so long, she'd stayed away from everyone; not letting anyone too close, not letting anyone through the strong walls she'd put up. Never had she thought that those very same walls would act as a hindrance in providing view to the outside either. She had never spared another thought for how her own actions might affect others. Not when even a single person had bothered to actually ask her how she was coping up. These two sides of her were clashing quite often these days. Coming to a sort of agreement. A soft spot for him. And now? She'd pushed him away so far, she had been able to see the cracks in his armor.

"What did Cass say to you? And what did you say to him?" Feyre asked, "after you left we could feel your anger still seething, but now... I don't know what to think."

Nesta gave a humorless smile in reply, "He didn't do anything, Feyre. No. It was me. I hurt him. This small squabble you saw tonight? It isn't even related to whatever is between us."

Feyre just stared at her. "I—I don't understand. I understand that there's some... some spark between you both, that he's obviously fallen for you.... But I didn't know you reciprocated."

Every part of her screamed in denial. But that's what she'd been doing for so long. Denied him, denied her own feelings, denied the affection the rest of the Circle showed her, and only hurt herself in the process. She was never truly happy, and everything fucking hurt

"I hurt him Feyre." She said again. "I did this to myself, to him. All of this, and I regret it," A single tear fell, as she looked to her sister. She found understanding, and love.
Her sister came closer and hugged her. She didn't hug her back, she couldn't manage to.

"I'm not going to tell you that it will be alright, but I can tell you how to make things better. Help you, if you'd let me. It's okay to acknowledge the love others show you Nesta. But I'm sorry for not realizing you weren't ready for this; any of this. You pushed through strong, and you can continue doing so. I can help you heal, Nesta. You just need to trust me."

Feyre looked at her again. "I can try," She replied softly, heart unclenching just a little.

***

Well. That was quite a long break hehe 🤭  I had tests and stuff but also mostly wasted my time oopsss

AnywAy hope y'all like this chapter be sure to like and comment 💜