Chapter 21

Shadow's POV

It was too quiet. Melody was gone for her award show and Harlene was with Sky and Jeffery. I sighed as I got out of my truck to see the house I was looking at. A realtor woman stood outside on a porch. This was the fifth house I was looking at this week. The others were nice but it lacked something, I just didn't know what. This one had enough yard in the front with plenty of flowers. The house was a little bit away from the city with five acres of land. The house was also larger than the others I had looked at. It was a two story house with grey stone brick. There was a nice black porch with black pillars. There were porch swings on either side, facing each other.

She smiled and shook my hand, "It's nice to meet you Mr. Garrett." I nodded, "Nice to meet you Ms. Larik." "I know this house is a little bit outside of your search zone, but it is still in your daughter's school district," she assured me. "On the phone you said you needed space, because of your daughter and your dogs. I tried finding something within the city that could give you what you needed, but then this popped up in the price range you were wanting to stay in. The house was originally owned by a couple who had a large family, so they custom built this home to fit that large family." She then took me inside.

Dark wood floors went throughout the large open concept house. The second story was being supported by large columns that had small shelves carved into them on all four sides. On the far wall was a built in entertainment center with floor to ceiling shelves. The kitchen had a really long island with a double wall oven, a gas stove range, and a microwave in the wall to allow for as much counter space as possible. There was a deep farm sink in the island as well. She then lead me to a tiny hall that lead to the master bedroom, "They put the other bedrooms upstairs to allow some separation from their kids." It was large with a small bonus room off to the side that I guessed they used at a nursery until their children were old enough to move upstairs. The large walk in closets were in the large spa like bathroom that I knew Melody would love.

When we left the room she lead me to a set of stairs that went down, "They also have a large media room down here. It's also where the doors for the back yard are."

Downstairs had enough room for a small sitting area with a tv, a pool table or two, and a bar. The whole back wall was floor to ceiling windows that looked out at the pool and large yard. Out back there was also a really large metal structure that would allow me to put a riding lawnmower and any other large equipment. She then took me back up to go see the upper level. There were four rooms up there of decent size that Harelene would love to pick from. As we began to talk about the house, she began to show me hidden compartments for extra storage. She claimed the couple joked about how they wanted to ensure they had enough places to cram their kids crap into to hide if they were expecting guests last minute.

Then she showed me the large four car garage. One of them had a built in lifter to be able to lift a car in the air if it needed to be worked on. Something my beautiful mechanic would enjoy having. We then discussed other things the property had as well as if there was any past issues regarding the home's structure. Before leaving, I promised to be in contact with her, then left to go back to the compound. Almost everyone was gathered in the common room of the compound with the award show on the TV.

"It just started daddy," Harlene told me as I sat down before she crawled into my lap. On the TVs models were beginning to walk down the carpet, stopping to talk to interviewers and have their photos taken. Then we saw her. She wore a sapphire blue dress that hugged her delicious curves and pushed her breasts together. "Melody, over here," an interviewer said. Melody's smile was bright and her eyes held that beautiful sparkle. "Many fans were hoping your boyfriend would be accompanying you tonight," the interviewer said as a way of greeting. "He's back home with his daughter, watching the awards from the comfort of the couch," Melody said. It made the interviewer laugh, "I'd rather be watching if you asked me, these heels are killing me. So can you please tell us what was in the box he gave you from the video? Maybe confirm or deny the rumors floating around." Melody touched the necklace she has worn since it had been given to her, "His daughter picked out a necklace for me, to say congratulations for the nomination." "How sweet," the interviewer said. "How did you feel about being nominated?" "I was shocked," she admitted. "I expected a few others to be nominated before I was. I haven't been in the game as long as some of the other models have been, so I'm honored to be considered just as good as they are." "I wish you the best of luck," they said and she moved one to a few others who asked her similar questions.