Chapter 39

(A/N Sharlto Copley as Beta)

Kal and Riot waited close to the metal gates, seeing the orange glow beyond the gates. It is time; everyone is now in position as Kal is the signal and he's actually terrified. Sure kicking ass wasn't as terrifying when he gets to it, fighting off Infected is no brainer. However, a large amount of Frontiers with loaded firearms, is way scary than the dead. The nerves inside his body turned frozen cold, and suddenly a warm hand grasp his shaking hand. riot grips tightly for comfort and ensuring a look to Kal, "it's gonna be fine". Barely noticeable the gate opens at a slow stretch and the black figures with the signature letter 'F' in red across their chests enter the premise of the community. Kal stepped around Riot and peered out at them for a moment before one Frontier leader beside Alpha to life with the sound of a familiar voice to all the escaped kids.

"Well, didn't expect you two to be here."

Kal gulped at the tall man named Beta. Beta is second in command, the black sheep to Alpha. Whenever Alpha is not there he takes the job, and he is a different Frontier to Alpha. As Alpha has a philosophy on containing a clean community by wiping out heathens Beta had the desire to create a mass murder by following orders. He's a mangy dog you cannot let out his leash. Beta's a smaller man than Alpha that's had a scrawny rabid look to him. His posture is menacing when he acts as a solider, having a pouty mouth attitude and a crazed dark black eyes. Head to toe covered in military black armor, his toned arms exposed naked in the cold night as it flexed on his Chinese SKS semi-auto rifle.

He nodded to the group and they complied. Once all guns had been returned to holsters, the patrol guards pushed the doors open and their group spilled into the community. The Frontier brought supplies that was small, only rifles and cargo trucks.

"Let me guess," Beta said in a high raspy voice with an thick accent, scratching on his brown flaky hair, "Ivar spilled the guts on ya. That son of a bitch was a sissy anyway." He spits on the ground.

"Ivar told us about it." Kal said.

"And he shouldn't." Beta shrugged his shoulders. "Unless you agreed on our supplies and few exchanges to bring the kids."

"You can take the supplies. We didn't agree on giving our kids."

"Glad we were able to work something out." Beta said as they moved to leave. "Oh wait. You two don't agree. Only Ivar and I said so. What can we do to make it before this gets messy?"

Kal stopped in his tracks, eyes narrowing. "We just gave you three of your people for two of ours. Ivar hates taking children back to you, it was never part of the deal, but if you're trying to change the terms now, I think we've already made a fair exchange for each other."

"Children are a soldiers. With no soldiers, we lose history. I made Ivar leader, what makes you and your bald freak boyfriend to judge my deal, eh?"

"They're just kids. Take everything we have in the community. Take it-" Started Kal, sounding on edge.

"Shut up." Was Beta's hissed reply. "Sorry for my brass behavior, but I would like to speak to Ivar about this. You listen to him, right."

Kal froze, almost coming to a close end to do the signal, and Riot cuts in. "He's injured."

"Injured?"

"He broke his ankle on the run before collapsing on his head to the ground. He's unconscious." Kal snapped.

"Then we don't have a deal."

"There was deal done with. One for one. That's what you get. We want to be gone out of your way." Riot snarled, and Kal caught him by the shoulder, his grip tight. He noticed how Beta's fingers twitched next to his holster, and his posture changed, suddenly agitated and aggressive.