♦ Ch 2, Gen 1: Snow Globes

⬐ ♦ ✧ ♦ ✧ ♦ ✧ ♦ ✧ ♦ ⬎

After finishing up their piece of the fruitcake, Anaya and her husband stepped over to the living room, settling down on the couch. That left Corentine, Salim and Fillis at the kitchen table. It didn't take long for the blonde to pick up that her best friend had developed a crush on Salim. She kept sending him flirty looks, asking him whatever questions happened to come to mind.

Corentine winks at her friend and enters the living room, grabbing a book from the coffee table

Corentine winks at her friend and enters the living room, grabbing a book from the coffee table. Would it be considered rude to read while there are guests over? Baako seemed quite interested in whatever action movie was playing on the television, but she caught Anaya's gaze and the woman smiled.

"You know, my grandmother used to sing this one song every time I wanted to read. There was something so calming about it and it helped me to focus on the words. Would you like to hear it?"

She tilted her head curiously. "Sure, I would love to."

Anaya cleared her throat and began to sing. Her husband didn't bat an eye, his gaze never leaving the TV screen. It must be something he's used to her doing. She seemed a bit off-key, and her voice cracked when she tried to sing the higher notes, but it was a beautiful song. Nodding her head in appreciation, Corentine cracked the book open and began to read. Before she knew it, several hours had passed them by and the three neighbors were saying their goodbyes to the two women.

Fillis saw them out before returning to the living room, not missing the raised brow and grin her best friend was giving her. She plopped onto the purple sofa beside her, "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Corentine hummed, setting her book aside. "So you and Salim, huh?"

She huffed, her cheeks puffed out as they gained color

She huffed, her cheeks puffed out as they gained color. "It's not like that..."

"Are you sure about that?" The blonde raised a teasing brow. "You looked pretty cozy with him~"