Missing Piece

Blake had been doing her homework completely ignoring the inevitable conversation that was bound to happen between herself and her sister. Any minute now the raven-haired girl was going to barge right through her bedroom door ready to cause another terrible storm. It had been an hour since she had blocked Madelaine from Instagram and she still felt terrible about the whole situation. It wasn't fair to either of them but it's not like either of them had much of a choice anyway. There was no way that Madelaine could break up with Travis without him thinking that Blake had anything to do with it.

"What the hell, Blake!" Nikki said as if on cue as she entered the brunette's bedroom. A sigh escaped her lips as she put her pencil down and turned to get a better look at her older sister. Her emerald eyes were piercing right through her and Blake knew exactly what this was about.

"Look before you continue, can I explain myself?" Blake asked her with pleading eyes as she knew that it would save them a lot of breath if she just flat out told her sister the truth. Nikki, no doubt was about to go off on a lecture on why Amber was just as bad, if not, worse than Madelaine. Listing off reasons why they shouldn't be dating just as she had when she was seeing Madelaine. 

"Please do, because there has to be some reasonable explanation to all of this. If there isn't then I'm informing Dad that you've been locking lips with not just one, but two troubled girls when you've been so persistent that you're only focusing on basketball." Nikki threatened as Blake had just about had it with her older sister.

"Nikki, it's fake! I'm not actually dating Amber. We're fake dating. Did you actually think that I would date Amber out of all the people in that school? If anything, I'd try to steal Reagan from Hayden, but I couldn't be paid to date Amber." Blake said standing to her feet running her fingers through her hair waiting for her sister's response. Nikki looked stunned almost like she wasn't expecting that from her but then she crossed her arms over her chest and raised a brow at Blake.

"It's fake? Then why are you doing it? No, actually I know why to get back at Madelaine and Travis? Tell me, why I shouldn't just tell everyone that you two are faking it to get revenge?" Nikki asked as Blake internally groaned since it wasn't about that anymore. It was more just to get Travis off of her ass because the last thing she need was for the senior to rub it in her face that he got the girl and she didn't.

"It's more than just that, Nikki. Ever since Travis and Madelaine got back together he takes any opportunity he can to rub it in my face. I see them making out when I walk into school. At lunch, she's sitting in his lap while I'm with the boys forced to ignore the scene in front of me, hell he even tried to get Madelaine to convince Mrs. Pierce to let Taylor play Alex today. Luckily, she knows how hard I worked to get that part so he's probably thinking of another way to get me off the play." Blake said now speaking in a more calmer tone. Probably the calmest that she's been around her sister since Thanksgiving. She dropped her hands to her sides and went to sit on her bed, "You want to tell the whole school, go ahead. I won't stop you but know this. I'm telling you this because I trust you. You're my sister and I'm done fighting with you. I know you're probably still pissed at me for Halloween so if you want to tell the world then go ahead."

Amber was picking her up soon since her band had a rehearsal that same night. She didn't exactly understand why she wanted Blake at every rehearsal but maybe it was just something to get her to meet her friends. She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, but before she could check to see if it was the girl waiting outside to pick her up, Nikki spoke up.

"You know what, do whatever you want, Blake. It's not my problem anymore. You're on your own so don't come crying to me when your plan backfires." She spoke harshly turning on her heel and exiting the brunette's room. Blake felt her heart suddenly get heavier as a sigh escaped her lips. That was probably the best outcome that could've come out of this situation that she was in and she hoped that Nikki not exploding on her meant that she was close to forgiving her. Another vibration from her pocket pulled her from her thoughts as she reached for her phone and saw text notifications from Amber.