Time is Running Out

"Make sure the points touch the circle!" Dean yelled at me as I shook my spray paint can. 

"Wow! After two weeks of hunting together and you still don't trust me to paint a simple devil's trap." I retorted. Just as I had finished painting the last symbol between the points of the star and circle, Sam came in carrying a body. Demon number 12. 

"Some help, please," Sam said politely. I quickly ran and grabbed a wooden chair from the other room and placed it in the center of the trap. Sam had a hopeful look in his eyes as he turned to his brother. Dean pulled out a flask, which was filled with holy water, and threw it on the demon. We stood in front of him with scowls on our faces as he jolted awake; face burning from the water, he let out a howl of pain.

"Look who's awake." Dean said before throwing more holy water onto him and yelling, "YOU READY TO TALK! WHO HOLDS MY CONTRACT?!"

"I don't know anything." The demon pleaded.

"Oh, you hear that, guys? He doesn't know anything." Dean said looking at us with a smirk.

"Yeah I heard." Sam said. Over the past couple of weeks I had noticed that Sam's a completely different person when he's hunting. Some part of him turns cold when talking and or dealing with supernatural beings. Dean's almost the same way. Which is good, the way a hunter should be towards these monsters.

"I'm telling you the truth." He replied glaring towards us.

"Oh you are. My God, then I owe you an apology. Allow me to make it up to you." Dean then pours more of the holy water down the demon's throat. Part of me believes that the demon may be telling the truth. I cringe slightly at the demons screams of pains but then I think about the person inside. The person that the demon is slowly crushing just to walk the earth. The demon deserves it, he deserves to go back to Hell. I look up at Sam, I could tell he didn't agree with his brother's tactics either. Sam looked down at me and gave me a sympathetic look, the look apologized for this. I nodded and turned back to the demon.

"I'm gonna ask you one last time: WHO HOLDS MY CONTRACT?!" Dean yelled once again.

This time the demon raised his head and his eyes turned black. It was almost spin chilling but in this line of work that happened daily. Dean eased back knowing the demon was going to do something. Sam stepped slightly in front of me, ready to attack the thing at a moments notice. I looked curiously at the demon waiting to hear what he had to say.

For the past two weeks we had been collecting demons and interrogating them, trying to find who holds Dean's "contract". I didn't know much about Dean's deal and by much I mean nothing, seeing as him and Sam haven't told me anything. So I was eager to hear any information I could.

"Your mother," the demon said. Sam and Dean's mother had died over 20 years ago when Sam was just a baby. Bobby told me the tragic story of how she was killed by a demon named Alistair, when I left with the boys. 

"Yeah, she showed it to me right before I bent her over." Even I wanted to kill him at that very moment. I rested a hand on very furious Sam's arm as the demon chuckled and Dean got right in his face.

"I want a name or else-"

"Or what? You're gonna squirt your holy water in both ends. Please. I'd rather have that little hunter right there rip out both my eyes than tell you shit."

"That can be arranged." I growled knowing he was talking about me.

"Ah, she's a feisty little one."

Sam wrapped an arm around me to hold me back.

"Do what you want," the demon continued, "The only thing I'm scared of is the demon holding your ticket."