Chapter 22: A Girls Night at Fowl Manor

"You're how old?" Aurora asked Holly in disbelief as the elf painted her face with the bright purple facemask she had requested be sent to the Surface.

"I told you, eighty-nine," Holly said, shrugging. The action made the drooping wings on her bee onesie lift slightly

"You're old as hell," Aurora stated. "But you look like you're in your twenties."

"She acts like it too," Juliet chuckled, ducking as Holly threw one of the nearby couch cushions at her. Aurora had somehow coaxed Juliet into the dragon onesie by allowing the bodyguard to be in charge of the wine and snacks, as well as the promise that nobody would touch her nails.

"Good, I'm not the oldest one here anymore," Angeline remarked, pouring the red wine that Holly had stolen from the wine cellar earlier into large glasses and distributing them to the group. She was wearing a mermaid onesie that Artemis had scoffed at before buying- maintaining that his mother would never do something so childish. Angeline Fowl had excitedly put it on and then posed for a group photo, which Aurora had then requested be sent to Artemis as an 'I told you so'.

Holly grabbed Aurora's glass and poured half of it into her own. "You are caffeine sensitive, and until we know what alcohol does, you can only have a little bit," she explained at Aurora's angry look.

"Wait, so how old is Kelp then?" Aurora inquired, taking a sip of the wine.

"One hundred and five," Holly replied, watching as Aurora looked surprised.

"Cool, so in human years, the age gap would only be about five years," she said a brief second later.

Holly seemed surprised. "You're good at mathematics?" she asked.

Aurora laughed. "I have trouble with concepts, but I'm good at problem-solving and conversions. Do I come off as stupid or something?"

Juliet shrugged. "I don't know. Artemis seems to think you're of average intelligence, which is why he's started the new thing of explaining concepts to us as he goes."

Aurora chuckled. "I'm sure it's quite the change. And for the record, I have an IQ of one hundred and twenty, but I'm not exactly the smartest person when it comes to math, physics or chemistry. Basically, if it involves numbers, I suck at it."

Juliet's jaw dropped. "You're not kidding?" She took a sip of her wine, her surprised expression not changing.

Angeline was staring at Aurora in amazement. "Smart and socially intelligent," she murmured thoughtfully, grinning to herself.

"Alright, what do we want to watch?" Aurora hurriedly changed the topic by jumping on the couch in the theatre room that had been stocked for a girl's night at Holly's request, and starting up the projector.

Apparently the elf lacked female friends and this had been her first girl's night since she had started at the Academy, and she wanted everything. Artemis- who was footing the bill for all the food, face masks, make up, onesies and nail polish- had eventually given in when Aurora had squealed at the sight of the unicorn onesie and begged him to get it.

"I'm not watching a chick flick," Juliet muttered from under her bright purple mask.

"They put the new live action Beauty and the Beast up, want to watch that?" Aurora suggested, hearing Juliet groan.

"I never get to watch Disney princess films," Angeline sighed.

Holly shrugged. "I don't care."

She turned to Juliet. "You've been overruled," she informed the bodyguard, hearing another groan as she selected the film and pressed play.