CHAPTER 3

"I'm sure Maya had a good reason for leaving."

We sat in silence for a while after that.  I was avoiding the obvious question of what had happened that she ended up here. It was Pearls who broke the silence.

"You miss her, don't you?"

"Maya?" Of course I missed her but I didn't want to upset Pearls. "It's not the same at the office without her but I've got another family now."

Pearls raised her eyebrow and glared at me. Then she sighed.

"I know you do and I bet your all happy living in a big mansion because you've earnt so much money being the lawyer you are. "

Poor pearls....she was living alone after being abandoned by her father,  mother and cousin.

"Actually I live in my law office with my daughter.  Not exactly rich family."

"You live in your office?"

"Well it's been extended out a bit so there's two bedrooms and a spare room and two offices but its still a law office."

"So when do I get to meet this daughter of yours. "

"Y-you want to meet her?" How had she known I had a daughter.

"Of course we said we'd swap some iron infant cards."

"Hah, well I'll bring Apollo along too."

"Apollo? Was he not that attorney I was offered down the phone. "

"Well yeah he works for me but I think of him as family."

"It must be nice to have people you can call family."

"I need to ask you something that I've been avoiding. Why are you here?"

She was slient for a moment.

"Besides training and going to school I've got a part time job as a waitress at restraunt its called train bean. Yesterday somebody was murdered there." She sighed.

"The victim was Shophia Waters, a student at my school, we'd been arguing earlier that day. She was stabbed to death."

"I better go check this train bean put."