barks

I walk down my road, drowning my long uggs into flocky white snow 3 feet into the ground , as I wipe the wet, sparkling  snowflakes off of my thick book called "wonder"
Quickly, I turn my head as I hear a brief rustling in the snow covered bushes at my neighbours front garden. The neighbours who are always screaming!
"Huh... that's weird... whatever, mother said that after-school I'm to be at home.
I mumble to myself ,carrying on walking . The noises followed me. And at that point, I knew I wasn't alone. I turned around to investigate, putting my book into my backpack, and take off my gloves.
"Is there anyone... or anything, there?" I stutter, bringing my hands to the bush, shaking.
I get closer, and see a black beady...large circle?  Out of curiosity, I touch it. It pulls away faster than actual lightning -  into the bushes. It was a small, hurt baby fox. I stand frozen, in shock. I bring out my phone to call my mom, but
put my phone back in my pocket.
"Oh god.. where's your family?"
"You need a home,boy."
I run home, holding onto my hat as it nearly blows off, with the wind pulling me back. When I reach my house, I rapidly knock on my door, fiddling with my nails.
"Watch your manners, Ash!"
My mom said, to my distinctive knocking.
I don't even bother to even shake the snow off my boots. I ignore my mother yelling at me for that, And grab the left over meat from last-nights-dinner, a bowl and some raspberries. I put the raspberries in the bowl and hold the meat with a tissue. I tumble outside to see the baby fox at my doorstep. Quickly, I cover it with my legs and shut the door, fake chuckling. Wiping my sweat, I look at the fox... He was quite poorly, all I saw was flesh and bones really, and a big bulk of winter fur. Unfortunately, it was shivering, though.
"Quick boy!"
I said stroking his cold, soft fur on his  head.
"Let's get you warm.."
I run into my garden and watch my mom cook from the kitchen window. Scratching my head, I stair at the out of place cab/shed. The sun comes out.
This is going to be a long day.

person: 1st person, ashley speaking
tense: present
402 words