Stupidity

"Thanks again for watching her Faith." I say and she shrugs.

"No big deal, I love the little freak. Plus after last night I need a break." She laughs and I roll my eyes.

"You don't need instructions, you know what to do. We shouldn't be late." I tell her and she smiles.

"You already have one kid Maya." She whispers and I hit her playfully.

"Stop Faith! It's not like that." I say and Niall walks out of Addison's room.

"She's so tired." He laughs.

"Well, you two have fun; but not too much." Faith winks at me.

"Don't corrupt my kid." I say and we leave.

"She isn't much like you, how are you guys such good friends?" Niall asks as we walk to his car.

"Opposites attract I guess." I say and he opens the car door for me. How nice. "Thank you." I say and get in. He gets in and starts driving.

"So I called the boys back, and said I needed to talk to them. I want to let them know about you and Addy. I want to tell them in person though, so they will be here tomorrow." He says.

"Are you serious?! What will they think?" I worry.

"That you are perfect and amazing and if they think anything else I'll kick their asses." He says.

"Niall, I'm worried. I feel so stupid now for everything I've done. Everything." I sigh. Everything starting with sleeping with Niall that night. I became what I never wanted to be. A slut, a hussie, a teen mom. A statistic.

"We made a mistake ok? But look what we got. We have a beautiful little girl, and now each other." He says placing his hand on my knee. "I still love you. So much Maya." He says as we pull into the parking lot.

"I, Niall." I say and look away. Did I love him? Or was it that I knew Addy did and she needed her dad? "Addy loves you and deserves you. I don't think I deserve you after what I've done." I say and he grabs my hand.

"We are in this together now, we deserve each other. That's how it is. You are my life now. I choose you." He whispers, looking into my eyes.

He was that boy still. That same nineteen year old who took me to his hotel room, just three years later. He had the same heart, the same mind. And then I knew I did love him. I always had been.

"Niall," I choke out and begin to cry. He reaches over the console and hugs me.

"Maya don't cry, it's ok. Everything will be ok." He whispers and just holds me. Here I was, a grown twenty year old woman, with a daughter, who was crying into her baby daddy's chest. Great person. No wonder everyone in my life had left me; I was a mess.

"Niall I can't do this any more." I sob. "It's too much."

"No, I'm not leaving." He states and holds me at a distance so he can see me. "Ever." Again there was that same truthful guy. Just one word would be the great promise. He had kept the last one, so I felt like I could believe this one. I was emotional and a little tired, but that's no excuse.

I kissed him. A long passionate kiss. When I pulled away he looked at me wide eyed.

"I'm, sorry." I stutter and wipe my tears.

"I don't feel like eating much anymore, do you?" He asks and I shake my head. I wasn't going to be able to look at him... I stare out the window as he drives. My mind wasn't together so obviously I didn't realize where we were going. Until he parked the car and I looked around.

"Why are we here?" I ask.

"What, you don't like the country?" He asks. He had taken us out of town, for who knows what reason.

"Seriously why?"

"So I can do this," he said and slowly leaned in to kiss me again. Sweet and soft quickly turned rough. Both of us knew what was going on, and that we shouldn't. But we didn't stop.

Not when he took his shirt off. Not when I did. Not when it went to the backseat. No. We made another mistake, and I felt a hole in my stomach. Once is a mistake, twice is stupidity. I was so stupid. I felt sick.

"Hey Maya, wanna hear something?" He asks and I can't even look into his eyes. I had done something so wrong.

"Sure." I mumble.

"The dawn is breaking, a light shining through." He sings the first part and I feel worse. "You're barley waking, and I'm tangled up in you." How could he do this to me? I had no idea what I was going to do.

"I somehow find, you and I collide."

"We need to get back." I say and sit up. I start putting my clothes back on and he grabs my wrists.

"Maya, what's wrong?" He asks.

"I just want to go home." I say and pull away. We both get dressed and get back in the front seat.

"You can't confuse me like this Maya." He says.

"I made a mistake Niall. More than one. I don't know if we should do this."

"So now you want to leave my life again?!" He shouts.

"I don't know what I want Niall! Maybe that's what I'm doing! I'm trying to figure it out!" I shout back. I felt so sick now. This was the worst I'd ever felt.

We drive home in silence and I go inside before he can talk to me. Faith is watching tv on the couch and she stands and leaves without saying anything; she could tell something wasn't right. I go into Addison's room and she is sleeping like an angel. I kneel next to her bed and kiss her goodnight. I watch as she shifts and then I stand to leave but run into Niall.

"She is perfect." He says and I just nod and walk out of the room.