>**1**<

She could hear rustling in the bushes as she made her way to the beach, Gale danced around her, teasing her long hair and further chilling her naturally cold skin. She laughed to herself loudly. Playing her power like an instrument and creating small flurries to get caught in Gale. They shivered, spiralling upwards, their brown leaves danced as though they had felt the cold. She laughed again, then heard another noise. Her attention diverted as Gale whirled away. The summer colours of the forest were beautiful, splashes of green and blue mixed in with the multicoloured wildflowers and fruits that grew on the trees. Something scurried quickly between her legs, disappearing in the curled roots of a tree. She locked onto the movement and smiled. Creating a pile of powder a few feet in front of her. The creature darted out of the roots and dove into the snow.

'Bruni!' Elsa cheered, he dug through the snow, coming to sit on the top of the pile, snow dusted his face and along the length of his body but was quickly melting. 'Hey little guy, I haven't seen you in a while, I'm going to go check on Nokk, want to come?' The salamander licked his eye and nodded, crawling up Elsa's body and onto her shoulder. She had gotten used to the slight burn after the few months she had spent in the enchanted forest. The fire spirit chirped in her ear as though talking, she didn't understand what he was saying but listened no less. The ocean wasn't far from where she was now, she listened to the birds chirping and the magic around her, feeling completely at ease as she hummed to herself, she could hear the ocean now, the gentle laps on the shore as the two elements coincided together. She paused for a moment, listening for Ahtohallan's call. There wasn't one, she nodded at the fact in acknowledgement. There hadn't been one for a few weeks, the last one had occurred when two earth giants had a scrap and she had to work it out.

She was at the shore now, Bruni climbed off her shoulder onto a rock as she stepped in. Even though the elements were in harmony, water and fire didn't mix. The water was slightly warmer than usual, but cooling quickly at Elsa's touch. She looked down at the surface of the water for Nokk. He was nowhere to be found. Elsa crouched in the water, the bottom of her dress soaking through, she lightly touched the surface, coaxing her will into it and feeling a phantom of the water trickle down her throat. Her ice formed, creating an intricate snowflake pattern. The water just beyond that rippled to life, Elsa stood up as Nokk appeared. He shook out his watery mane and bowed, she bowed back and lifted her hand to his nose. 'Hey Nokk, you doing okay?' She asked, part of her role was to help the spirits, she was pretty sure at least. She had visited the earth giants the previous night, Gale was anywhere they wanted to be and was happy almost all the time, Bruni came and went but she assumed he was happy, Nokk, at the moment was also happy. She smiled as the water spirit pressed his nose into her palm and stepped forward, wrapping her arms around his neck in an embrace and feeling him nuzzle her back comfortingly. She stepped out of the embrace soon after and noticed blue reins and a bridal had formed on Nokk.

Water had memory, and he always remembered riding. She laughed, 'okay, but only for a bit. I need to get back to the village soon.' He stepped forward and gestured towards the land. 'Okay, sure.' Elsa took a deep breath and pressed her palms against Nokk's neck. He began to solidify, turning white and powdery. Small patterns appeared on his solid hide. He threw his head back and whinnied loudly, helping Elsa onto his back. He galloped forward, changing from the water onto the land. She gripped his reins but let him have his head, knowing that he loved to run on solid ground. It was a lot different than running on water. Bruni chased along side Nokk and Elsa. Running up trees and leaping across branches as Nokk leapt over logs and curled around trunks. Elsa laughed being able to empathise with his feelings of freedom. His white ears pricked at the sound of more hooves, he began to curl towards them. She recognised the sound of the reindeer and coaxed Nokk to go faster. The reindeer sounded spooked, as if they were disorganised and running from something. Elsa's eyebrows furrowed. Nokk ran towards the edge of a small plateau and slid to a stop, sure enough the reindeer were in a disarray and in the centre of the chaos Honeymaren and Ryder tried to calm them down. The reindeer ran in all different directions, their hooves flattened the ground and wreaked havoc on the sprouting plants. 'Looks like they need help.' She told the water spirit, he threw his head as if to agree and scaled down the edge. 'Bruni, could you cover some exits?' Whether the salamander understood her or not was unclear, but fire lit in some areas, scaring the reindeer away. Ryder and Honeymaren noticed this automatically and began to gather the reindeer in a group, Elsa took Nokk's reins and lead him in a broad circle, gathering the remaining reindeer and putting out Bruni's fire. The reindeer began to settle. Elsa dismounted Nokk and came to stand beside a panting Ryder and Honeymaren.

'Thank you, Elsa. I don't know how long that would've taken us.' Ryder panted.

'What scared them?' Elsa asked.

'A couple of the kids thought it would be funny to chase them.' Honeymaren told her, leaning against her to catch her breath. 'Yelena's dealing with them.' She then looked at the water spirit. 'Good to see you again Nokk, you haven't been in the river for a while.' She stroked his nose, this being one of the only times she could. Nokk nuzzled her. 'Speaking of which, Yelena wants you back home. There's word from Arendelle.' This caught Elsa's attention.

'Is everything okay?' She asked. Honeymaren shrugged and Elsa blew a breath of air, feeling anxiety creep into her chest.

'Hey relax.' Honeymaren braced a hand on Elsa's shoulder. 'I'm sure it's just Anna checking in.' Knowing her sister that was exactly the case.

'I know, but thank you Honey.' Elsa smiled at her. Then turned to Nokk, 'we're going to have to catch up another time Nokk.' She stroked his nose, he knickered, the snow beginning to melt as he turned misty. A wind blew from behind her. Nokk disappeared. 'Gale, make sure Nokk gets home please?' The wind danced around her and tickled her neck as if to agree. The wind disappeared and with it Nokk.

'Come on Snowflake, you can ride home with me.' Honeymaren teased as she got onto a reindeer. Elsa rolled her eyes and smiled.

'I hate that name.' She reminded, Honeymaren steering the reindeer to Elsa's side. Honeymaren shrugged, helping her onto the reindeer. Bruni climbed onto Elsa's dress and up to her shoulder. Elsa wrapped her arms around Honeymaren waist and they set off with Ryder on their tail.

**UNEDITED**