Chapter 9

Becky's POV

Before we knew it, a month had flown by and we had a steady routine in our hectic lives.

Every Monday we caught an early, if not the earliest flight out to the city we had to go to and then at night we traveled to the next city on Tuesday and Wednesday, which were just live events. On Wednesday nights we either stayed the night in the city or caught a late flight back home in California it really just depends on how tired we are.

Everything has seemingly calmed down. After my breakup with Nick, he was never brought up. Seth was annoyed when I simply refused to tell him what happened but we've both moved on. I hadn't heard from him since and I expect it to stay that way. This was a big week for both Seth and I.

Our weekends are typically spent free at home but this weekend we have a paper view and I just so happen to have a title shot and I'm so excited because this has been in the works for some time now and the crowds have really grown to love the feud between me and Sonya.

After Mandy got injured, they tried to push Sonya and the fans loved it. Sonya had previously "cheated" Bayley out of her title so here comes The Man to put her in her place and teach her some respect.
Working with Sonya has been great and we're really created this amazing chemistry onscreen and friendship off screen.

I heard a knock on the door just as I was finishing changing Emmery's diaper. "Come in!" I shouted. The door open revealing Sonya. "Hey Sonya, What's up?" I said as I fixed Emmerys clothes. "Just wanted to run the script by with you" Sonya said. "Yeah, Of course!" I said as Emmery clung to me on the couch.

We ran by the events going to take place during our segment when Emmery got bored of grabbing my hair and tangling it so she turned her attention to Sonya and reached for her necklace.

"Whoa there little one, you're about to fall. Curious aren't you?" She laughed at the baby reaching for her. "No, Em" I told her. She babbled something almost as if she was trying to argue with me which was comical but all in all she stopped trying to touch Sonya's necklace.

"The kid really adores you, huh?" Sonya said. I gave her a smile, "I don't know about that but I try. I just want to make sure she's taken care of considering she didn't have much luck with a mom but Seth is really doing great with taking the whole dad responsibility" I said.

Sonya shook her head, "You don't give yourself enough credit babes. Emmery would be raised like an animal without you. If this kid goes places, she has you to thank but I think having you as a role model is a good beginning." I laughed, "she better be going places! I'm not giving up my sleep for nothing after all."

We quickly finished going over our segment and then parted ways.

I had been in the locker room for ten minutes trying to figure out the stupid kangaroo baby carrier that Seth bought.

"Looks like someone had a change of heart" he said as he spotted me referring to when I said I would never use it.

"Yeah, Yeah, well you're here now so I guess you can take her" I said taking off the harness. "Here let me help you out" he said jogging over to me. I sighed but let him fix the strap I had upside down. "Well look at you being a dad" I taunted. He chuckled, "go eat" he said dismissing me. I playfully rolled my eyes and headed to catering with Emmery in the kangaroo in front of my chest to meet up with Charlotte and Bayley. Sasha was gone this week on vacation.

I got my food and then walked over to Charlotte and Bayley who were looking both intrigued and very entertained.

"Whatcha got there Bex?" Charlotte asked with a joking tone as if she was holding back a laugh.

"Oh this little thing? Nothing special" I said nonchalant continuing their act as I took her out of the kangaroo to sit her on my lap.

"Looks like something to me" Bayley added.

I chuckled, "yeah I just thought I'd try it out to make Seth laugh. He's the one who bought it for himself but hardly even uses it."

Charlotte kept looking at me skeptically, "Becks I don't want to ruin the mood here but you're my best friend so I need to tell you that you're not being safe. This baby isn't yours, you do remember right? And I'm not just saying this for you, I'm saying it for her. I'm looking at Emmery and I can just see how attached to you she is already."

"Please Char, just let this be whatever it is. I finally feel at home when I'm with them. The empty feeling I get goes away when I'm with them. So maybe it's not the smartest thing to be this close but I trust Seth. I don't think he'd purposely hurt me, we're best friends after all."

"Sometimes best friends can hurt you even if they don't mean too" Bayley added. I gave her a pleading look as I knew she'd cave sooner than Charlotte.

"Alright, Char lets back off her a bit. She knows she's playing with fire here. The ball is in her court and she can do as she pleases without our judgment" Bayley said coming in my defense. I grinned at her and she gave me a wink. Our unspoken language with one another came in handy often.

"Okay, okay I'll cool it. So what's the news on the boyfriend?" Charlotte said changing the topic.

"Don't even get me started. My love life is a mess. But to put it simply, I'm single!" I said shaking my head. The two girls laughed at my misery with Emmery joining in simply because she saw others laughing. Well at least someone gets joy out of this.

We finished eating and talking and then I headed to back to the locker room to hand off Emmery over to Seth.

"She's all yours, I need to head to hair and makeup" I informed him. "I'll be here if you need anything" he said. I nodded as I walked out.

After hair and makeup I went back to the locker room where the three of us hung out until it was time for Seth's match. Emmery and I watched from the tv in our room. Seth had retained his title against Kevin Owens and came back to the locker room to take a quick shower before my match was up.

"Good luck" he called out as I was walking away. "I am luck!" I said with a wink. He laughed at my cheesiness.

Sonya and I had an amazing match, just as we had planned. The crowd loved the Man defending her honor and proving that she truly was the best of the best. I came back into the locker room with a smile but exhausted.

"I'm going to go shower but can you drive tonight, I'm exhausted" I said. Seth nodded with a chuckle, "I drive 90 percent of the time anyways Red. I like to live and no offense but you're not that good of a driver."

I glared at him, "to be continued!" I declared as I headed for the shower laughing.

I love how we could laugh and joke about the most random things. We could be talking about the show and then end up talking about aliens. I really do hope I'm not making a mistake by putting all my eggs in one basket. I can trust him, right?

Word Count- 1323
~edited~