Chapter 29

Becky's POV

It was the official date of the court battle in which we would figure out if Seth would need to share rights over Emmery of if Allison would have to terminate her parental rights.

Seth was on overdrive, he was nervous because he knew courts tend to favor the mother in these types of situations and although the lawyer assured us things would happen as planned, there was still a lot of gray area.

"I made you a coffee" I said giving him a reassuring smile as he looked around as if he were lost.

"Thanks Becks, I really need it. Have you seen my phone?" He said.

"On the counter, next to the microwave" I informed him.

He peeked up and went to go get it and then moved to kiss my cheek before he scrambled to the room in search for something else.

"Have you seen my tie?" He shouted from his room.

"It's in the laundry basket on top of the dryer!" I shouted back.

"Thank you!" He exclaimed.

I chuckled looking over to Emmery who was sitting on her high chair eating Cheerios.
"I hope everything goes well. I don't know what your daddy would do with you. You're his whole world" I said thinking out loud as I cleaned her up since Seth was just about ready to go.

"Do I look fine?" Seth as he stumbled into the kitchen. I gave him a quick once over and chuckled.

"You look great and I'm sure the judge will think so too. Just take a breath and look at me... nothing is going to break us up. We're our own little family, regardless of what happens tonight" I told him as I held his face in my hands. He closed the gap in between us for a moment before gently pulling away and leaving his forehead to rest on mine.

"You keep me sane, I don't know what I'd do without you" he said against my lips.

"I don't know hag I'd do without you either but we should go, we don't want to be late" I told him. He nodded and then pecked my lips before moving to go pick up Emmery.

This is going to be the longest 45 minute trip of my life.

———

"Allison Ross please rise and state your case"

"Well Seth and I were in a relationship but it ended before I realized I was pregnant so I left and nine months later Emmery, my daughter and the light of my word was born. I was struggling to provide for her so I did what I thought was best as a mother and to try and give her the best chance at life, I left her with Seth. Now I'm better and stable and they want to cut me out of her life and replace me with some Irish wannabe" Allison said bringing out her fake tears.

I rolled my eyes. The judge seemed to be used to this because she didn't show any sign of sympathy.

"Thank you, Seth Rollins please rise to state your case"

"Well as Allison said, we were together but we broke up after she started cheating on me. She left to go on vacation with her new boyfriend and I didn't hear from her until almost a whole year later when I found a baby out on my doorstep in the pouring rain. I knew she was mine because Allison left the birth certificate but this was the first time I had ever known anything about my child. With the help of my girlfriend Rebecca, we've been raising this child and Allison has been out of the picture on her own free will until last month because she wanted us to get back together" Seth explained.

They then lawyers defended their cases in which we were fighting that Allison was an unfit parent due to negligence of a newborn and Allison was fighting for full custody.