Intro

Annie rubbed her growing stomach as she sat in the old hotel. Her bag was half way packed and her car was waiting downstairs. She knew this was a good idea, just to leave and never come back. Otto wouldn’t miss her. She took a deep breath and got up, starting to pack again. She was interrupted by a knocking at her door. She grabbed the pistol on the nightstand and walked over to the door. She looked through the peephole to see a pregnant Gemma standing outside. She sighed softly and opened the door for her.

                “What are you doing here Gemma? Don’t you have a wedding to plan for?” She asked her best friend.

                “And aren’t you supposed to be at the wedding I’m planning?” Gemma shot back, walking inside.

Annie sighed and closed the door. She turned to Gemma who sat on her bed next to her bag. “I’m sorry Gemma but I can’t.”

                “Why, you afraid Otto’s old lady will find out?”

                “Find out what?”

                “That you’re almost three months pregnant with Otto’s baby.”

                “How….never mind that.”

Annie sighed and sat in a chair. “I can’t do this Gemma. I need to give my baby the best chance it’ll have. No offence to you and what you are doing, but I’m not a rebellious teenager anymore.”

                “Well, you better take care of yourself and call whenever you can.” Gemma looked sadly at her friend.

Annie stood up and walked over to Gemma, hugging her for the last time. Gemma gave Annie a kiss on her cheek as she pulled away. Annie helped Gemma off the bed and looked at her. “Figure out a name yet for him?” She asked, pointing to her large stomach.

                “John and I decided on Jackson.” She smiled, rubbing her stomach.

                “How sweet. I’ll bet he’ll be just as good as his momma.” Annie winked and smiled.

                “Oh I don’t know about that but maybe.” Gemma gave Annie another hug. “I’m serious, make sure you call or something. I’ll miss you Annie.”

                “Same here Gemma. You take care of your boys and keep them in line.” Annie pulled away and opened the door for Gemma.

Gemma left Annie to finish her business, whatever it may have been. She didn’t look back as she walked away from her best friend. Annie closed the door and finished packing. She turned off all the lights and grabbed her bag, heading out to her car. She put her bag in the back and got in the front seat. She began to drive off to her new life.