Chp. 3

I heard two pairs of boots making their way over to me. I lifted my head to see my sister and the woman. I pushed myself off the wall and met them halfway. The woman pulled me into a hug, surprising me. I slowly returned the hug then stepped away.

                “You must be mom’s best friend Gemma.” I said, feeling dumb for it.

                “I am, and you look so much like your father.” She smiled softly.

                “And Luci looks like mom. We know, we get it all the time.” I smirk some.

                “So you girls came all the way just to tell me about your mom?” She asked.

                “No.” I say biting my lip. “We wanted to know about our father.”

                “He’s in prison, not much more to say.” She said, crossing her arms.

I gave Luci a look and she gave me a small nod. I turned my attention back to Gemma and smile sweetly.

                “Well, we’ve got to go now. Take care.” I say, walking away with Luci.

                “Mom was right, she is a b*tch.” Luci whispers to me.

I bite my lip to prevent from laughing but it didn’t work because Luci started to laugh. I shook my head as we continued to laugh. Our laughter soon died down before we got out of the hospital. I made my way over to my car and unlocked it. I got in and watched Luci get on back of a bike. The dude driving, rode off with my sister. I shook my head and went to start my car. It clicked a few times then died. I sighed deeply and got out, popping the hood up. I went to take a look, checking everything I knew to check.

                “Having car troubles?” A familiar female voice asked.

                “Not really.” I answered, turning around.

I came face to face with Gemma and crossed my arms instantly. She stared at me, giving me a skeptical look. I chewed on the inside of my cheek. I never really liked people, well never really liked people who had authority over me. Probably why mom and I never got along.

                “So you’re good here?” Gemma asked.

                “Yeah I am.” I answered as I watched her put on some sunglasses.

                “See you around kid.” She said, going to her car.

I watched her drive off then went back to my car. After a few hours, I was sitting on the curb next to my car, smoking my last cigarette. I sighed softly and ran a hand through my hair. I looked down as I finished off my cigarette. I watched as a white sneaker kick my boot. I looked up to see Jax. I felt a smile spread across my face. I stood up and looked at him.

                “What are you doing here?” I asked.

                “My mom called, said you might want a ride. Couldn’t find you at first so then I went to visit my kid and ex-wife.” Jax answered.

                “You have a kid?” I asked.

                “Yeah.” He scratches the back of his neck.

                “That’s cute. What’s his name?” I ask. “Or hers?”

                “Abel. His name is Abel.” He smiles at me.

I nod and smile back at him. “So about that ride, I’d love one, but I’m not leaving my baby here.”

                “This is yours?” He asks, looking at my car.

I giggle and nod. He shuts the hood then pulls out a phone and talked to someone quickly before hanging up. He turns to me and smiles.

                “One of the guys is coming to get your car.” He smirks.

                “Sweet.” I smile and look at him. “Lead the way.”

He smirks and grabs my hand, leading me over to his bike. He hands me a helmet and I put it on. He puts on some glasses then gets on his bike. I get on and wrap my arms around his torso. I cling to him when he starts his bike and rides off.