chapter 1 - bad timing

everyday , before going to bed , you prayed to the moon hoping that your life will get better .

you heard rumors that if you saw a shooting star fall , you could wish for whatever you wanted and it will give it to you for only a year .

you believed it even though some people say its fake because why would they only give it to you for one year or that its just a made up story .

you looked at your family photo before you drifted off to sleep .

* RRrrriinggg *

you woke up to the sound of your annoying alarm clock , switching it off as you groan .

" another day " you sighed as you sat down on your bed before proceeding to the bathroom to get ready for school .

you lived alone in your parent's home after the incident where your brother and parents died in a car crash .

it was hard living on your own as you need to support yourself by working everyday right after school so that you could survive .

you didn't have any relatives for you to stay with because they didnt want you in their house and be a burden to them .

you plugged in you earpiece while boarding the bus to your school , listening to the songs your brother , namjoon , always sang to you .

in the bus , you saw a boy around your age , rushing to board the bus . he wore a white long sleeved shirt with ripped black jeans and round spectacles that matches his features .

you slightly giggled as he walked in the bus , panting for air while he tapped his card to pay the bus fee .

you made eye contact with him as he sat beside you in the bus since there is no empty seats left. 

he smiled and you looked away .

holy shit why is my face so hot all of a sudden . damn i cant say his smile is not cute thats just lying . you said in you mind , ignoring him after .

you reached your school and board off the bus . you noticed that the boy you sat next to in the bus did too .

you ignored it and walked to the front entrance . you met your one and only bully , jung hoseok .

you walked straight to your locker in a rush , not making it obvious as everyone had their eyes on you , waiting to see if there is going to be a scene between you and hoseok .

hoseok is the big bully of your school . he toyed with alot of girls , you would say that he's a playboy . you couldn't deny that he is quite good looking and he's smile always made your heart flutter despite his behaviour .

" hey punching bag " you heard him say behind you . your spine shivered as you tried you best not to seem scared while taking out your books for your class .

you hummed a response before he swigs his fist to your stomach , making you groan while holding your stomach , dropping your books to the floor .

the punch was not a normal one , you felt as if you wanted to vomit your guts out .

he smirked in satisfaction as you coughed . everyone around you started to laugh at you , making you cry more . you felt humiliated but you couldnt do anything .

he left after laughing at you for a good two minutes . everyone started going to their class while you just slid down on the door your locker , covering your face so more people wont look at you .

" what happened to you ?! " a male voice said .

i moved my hands away from my face , wiping my tears during the process of it . i looked at where the voice came from and there he was , the boy .

he looked at me with a shocking expression as i gave him the same look .

it was the first time someone who wasn't your family to be concerned about you .

" let's get you to the sick bay " he said in his deep voice , making you froze on the spot . he collected all your books and grab your bag . after that he gently pick you up .

you felt so stunned . this is the first time someone did this to you . you snapped out of it and try to stable yourself with your legs .

" do you know the way to the sick bay ? im kinda new here " he made eye contact with you as he held your waist to give you support .

you felt your cheeks tense up as he looked at you with his gentle eyes .

" t-this w-way " you stutter as you gave him directions to the place . you didn't even knew why you stuttered .

he opened the door and gently place you down on the bed . you felt embarrassed and shy but the pain suddenly attacked you when you slightly moved .

you groaned in pain .

he quickly took a first aid kit box and went to you quickly .

" uhm do you mind if you lift up your s-shirt a-abit ? " you knew he felt embarrassed so you lifted up your shirt abit only to see a big purple bruise on your stomach .

you felt hella embarrassed . your cheeks started to turn red and you could see him blush too when he started to put some ointment on your bruise .

you were shocked by the scene and wanted to know more about this mysterious boy .

" w-what's your name ? " breaking the silence .

" im kim taehyung , you ? " he said smiling cutely at you . you heart melted by his face . he is so adorable , you thought to yourself as your heart beat faster .

" im kim y/n , nice to meet you " you smiled and looked at him in the eyes . you could tell that he was shocked to see you like this .

" thank you " you said after he finished and lifted down your shirt .

" no problem " he gave you a box smile .

he stood up and took an ice bag and gently place it on your bruise , asking if he hurt you in anyway .

" how did this happened ? "

you told him what had just happened and how he should also try to avoid him as much as he can .

" so you're new here ? "

" yeah , i applied for this school and got a house here " he smiled .

you swear that his smiles always made butterflies in your stomach . he stared at your eyes and it made the both of you blush .

" let's be friends ! " he exclaims .

- TBC -