Chapter 22

When I got home from school dad was trying on clothes. He almost wore a suit and tie, till I told him he looked like a stiff.

"What wrong with a suit and tie?"

"You're going on a date, not to a funeral."

He laughed and put on a different shirt to go with the blazer I told him to wear.

"Okay there's pizza money on the table, are you sure I look okay?"

"Yes dad, now go before you're late,"

He kissed me on the forehead and left.

****
My pizza was late. I was pissed and hungry. When the doorbell finally rang I jumped from my seat on the couch and ran towards the door.

Only it wasn't the pizza man it was Jake. He had a sheepish smile on his face.

"Hey,"

"What are we doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you, can I come in?"

"No."

He let out a long sigh, and ran his finger through his hair. "I figured I might get something like that," I crossed my arms over my chest. "Can we just--"

"Oh look my pizza's here,"

So maybe I was being a little bitchy, but I was annoyed that he showed up at my house. He was making it all the more harder.

The pizza guyed pulled up in the drive way I exchanged the pizza for the money, the whole time I could feel his eyes burning on the side of my head. It took every thing to not look at him.

"I'll see you around ,Jake," I told him before closing the door.

Suddenly I wasn't so hungry anymore, I did it again.