Chapter 4: Hanging Out?

Song: Rather Be - Clean Bandit

( Matthew's Pov )

I woke up from what felt like a dream but was actually reality of what happened yesterday. I grinned stupidly at the thought.

I got up out of bed and went to take a shower.

- After showering -

I changed into a red flannel, along with some grey jeans and my Timberland boots. (Those worker boots that Matt wears in some of his pictures. 😵😭😍)
I combed my hair and left it down. My hairs getting long.

I walked downstairs while looking at Twitter.

I decide I should invite Alana to come over.

"Hey wanna come over after school?" I texted.

"Sure.😊" she replied.

"How about I drive us to school today?" I said.

"Okay 😘." She texted.

"Okay I'll pick you up. See you. 😘😚" I texted.

I ended the conversation and got ready to pick Alana up.

I got in my car and drove to her house like I always did before. Man I miss those days.

Alana's Pov :

I got ready putting on my Uggs. With my Tahoe sweater and denim jeans.

I walked out to my porch to wait for Matthew.

Few minutes later I saw a white truck arrive at my front house.

Matthew climbed out of the car and we hugged.

"C'mon lets go to school." He took my hand and lead me to his car.

Matt opened the passenger seat for me and I got in. He got into the driver seat and we drove off to school.

My hands were laced with his. And we talked and sang to "Rather Be by Clean Bandit."

It was that until he asked me, "Are you Okay?" I'm not sure if I could answer that question. A lot of things had happen, and it's just hard to process.

I paused until I said, "Yeah, I'm fine." I said with a weak smile.

"I'm sorry Alana, I really am. I just I-" I stopped him.

"Matthew it's okay, it's the past, you already apologize, and I forgiven you. . .kinda. But I'm not sure about the other guys though." I said with a little unsure.

"By the way, you have a beautiful voice." Matt said.

"Thank you." I said politely.

His hand was still laced with mine until he rested his hand on my thigh. I honestly didn't care if he did that. In my heart, I still knew we were best friends.

After a moment of silence we reach the school. We walked out of his car (in style lol. 😂) and people gave us many faces once we passed by.

Some were glares, jealously looks, some people were in awe, and others. He walked me to my locker, putting his arms around my waist hugging me from the back.

First period bell rang, meaning class is going to start, we hugged and went our separate ways.

- Skip to Afterschool -

I finally walked out of my last class of the day. I went to my locker until I felt someone hugging me from behind. And it was Matthew.

I turned around to give him a real hug. We released our hug and walked out the doors of our school.

He opened the car door and I totally forgot I was gonna hangout with him today.

We both got in the car and drove off to his house.

Matthew's Pov:

It was sunny and I was driving Alana to my house. We talked about this Saturday, what's the plan for Prom.

We got to my house and she walked behind, following me.

I unlocked the door and I took her hand, pulling her lightly inside my house.

We both walked in the kitchen in hand and hand.

"Hey mom." I said.

"Hey Honey who's this sweet girl you brought home." My mother said smiling.

"This is Alana, she's my. .my. .-" I was so nervous because I wasn't comfortable saying she was my bestfriend but inside I wanted her to be my girlfriend.

I was interrupted by Alana saying, "Bestfriends, we're Bestfriends." Finishing my sentence.

"Well okay Matthew, Alana sweetie you want anything to eat or drink?" My mom asked.

"Um I'll just have water. I'll be right back I have to use the bathroom." Alana said and my mom got her some water.

While Alana went to use the bathroom she nudged my shoulder whispering, "Bring some chips, and Oreos to your room." I chuckled. "Okay." I said.

Few minutes later she came out of the bathroom and said thank you to my mom for the bottled water.

"Awe You're welcome sweetie." Alana hugged my mom. I looked at them in awe.

We both went up to my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Btw I changed that prom is gonna be a Saturday, because I'm changing the current day it's supposed to be a Thursday in this chapter not Friday.

Sorry crappy chapter I'm trying my hardest to update more often.

Please forgive me!

Love,

Tiff💕